Learning Disability Nurse Team Leader
Wrea Green (between Blackpool and Preston)
Part-time, 20 hours per week, plus 1 sleep a week on a rolling rota (32 hours each week)
£18 per hour
Are you an experienced Learning Disability Nurse who is looking for a rewarding career?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Learning Disability Nurse to lead an established support team working with a young man who has cerebral palsy, a learning disability and who displays challenging behaviour.
As a Team Leader you will be responsible for monitoring the health, psychological, emotional and behavioural needs of our client. You will be required to lead a team of 7 core members and 2 bank staff. Also included within your role will be your valued input into maintaining professional contacts and liaising with key members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Hours, shift-pattern and salary:
The role is based on 20 hours per week, predominantly during the day to fulfil the tasks of your role and will include 1 sleepover shift each week, on a rolling rota (32 hours each week). You will also be required to complete 'on-call' duties. Some flexibility will be required.
The salary for this role is £18 per hour.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
* You must be an experienced RMN/RNLD holding a valid NMC PIN with proven skills in working with people who have complex health needs and challenging behaviour.
* Experience of liaising with professionals and family members
* Experience with completing support plans, supervisions, rotas, personal behavioural plans and risk assessments.
* MAPPA training is desirable.
* You should have excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach.
* You should be committed and dedicated to person-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice.
* You should be positive, resilient, and able to empower yourself and others.
* Driving licence and car owner is essential.
* This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check
Our Client is specialist case management and rehabilitation company providing Support Work, Case Management, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Medico Legal services to children and adults across North East England, North West England and Scotland
The company is committed to continuous learning and development of staff. All new starters take part in a peer-reviewed induction program through probation, as well as ongoing supervision. Bespoke in-house training is provided, as well as sourcing specialised client-specific training.
Training courses include:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Mental Capacity & Safeguarding
- Moving and Handling
- Specialised client-specific training
- First Aid
Also offered to all staff:
- Full supervision including regular formal meeting opportunities
- Company Pension
- Participation in our Better Health at Work Scheme
- Company Events, social activities and celebrations
- Staff Newsletter.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment. Closing date 30 June.
Job reference: LC391