Our client is a leading player in the BioTech field who are making some real waves in the industry - especially within the autoimmune & inflammatory disease area as well as the prevention of rejection in organ transplantation. They are looking for a financial controller for a 6 month maternity cover.
will be responsible for the maintenance of accurate accounting records for the company and its subsidiaries in the company finance systems and support the development and maintenance of the company financial accounting and reporting policies and systems and associated internal control and governance processes to the standard required by a public company.
* Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports on a timely basis for the management team, Board of Directors and Investors according to relevant GAAP.
* Prepare reconciliations for all key balance sheet accounts and resolve any imbalances or inaccuracies.
* Maintain all appropriate sub-ledger accounts to support the General Ledger, including Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, payroll control accounts, company credit card accounts etc.
* Assist in the preparation of a 24 month rolling forecast cash utilisation and balances and currency planning model and support the company investment policy to generate investment returns consistent with an acceptable investment risk profile.
* Manage the preparation and timely processing of payments to vendors, staff, consultants and other service providers.
* Support the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory company financial statements and the preparation for and management of internal and external audit processes.
* Support the preparation of company budgets and provide analysis to support the financial planning and analysis function.
* Support the completion and submission of Group indirect and direct tax returns, including VAT, Corporation Tax and R&D Tax Credit.
* ACA or ACCA qualified
* 3-5 years+ PQE some time spent in SME size business
* UK GAAP experience
* Strong knowledge of financial controls (SoX)
* Good knowledge of finance systems
This will be a hybrid working role with 1/2 days per week on site