Commercial Officer/Manager required for government organisation
Remote working / SC cleared
As a Commercial manager your main responsibilities would be:
* The responsibility is to deliver commercial services throughout the department whilst providing the best service and value possible.
* Leading the development and on-going management of commercial strategies at a departmental level.
* Working with stakeholders at all levels (internal and external) to develop strategy and tactics for procurement category initiatives.
* Project manage necessary workstreams and initiatives within commercial directorate to ensure timely delivery of objectives, ensuring all necessary process, including formal stakeholder engagement and approval are completed.
* Develop contracts procedures to enhance / streamline commercial and operational efficiencies
* Deliver agreed cost savings objectives
* Provide commercial advice to a wide range of stakeholders
* Leading market engagement, sourcing, tendering and a wide range of procurement activities
* Build trusted relationships with suppliers to hold professional discussions regarding contract information such as KPI's/SLA's, payment models, clause interpretation etc
* Experience of using data visualisation tools to present data findings and information
* Drafting, reviewing and advising on governance documents and processes such as papers for Commercial Board, Programme Board, gated project submissions etc.
* Support the on-going development of a best-in-class commercial function, executing projects in line with processes and expected high-quality standards
* Identify and implement continuous improvements to drive best practice throughout the category
You'll have relevant experience in:
* Experience of analysing and understanding complex information, drawing conclusions and presenting clear findings to senior leaders and stakeholders.
* Ability to analyse data to make decisions and recommendations
* Experience of working on complex procurement / commercial project(s) including category and contract management, supplier management, managing commercial risk and a track record of delivery
* You will have good industry knowledge and category insights to provide knowledge-based challenges to senior stakeholders
* Be able to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
* You will be commercially astute with strong communication negotiation and influencing skills.
* Adept at applying fit for purpose commercial approaches in order to deliver real value
* Effectively manages multiple complex activities at any one time and can methodically prioritise
* A key team player - able to work well as part of a team, take ownership, give direction and feedback to colleagues
* Act as a role model - respond positively to change and influence future positive ideas and strategies
* You will have a realistic and pragmatic approach, keen eye for detail, be practical and focused on reaching a combined end goal
Vetting for SC clearance will be required for this position so if not currently held, must be willing to under go