HCC are currently recruiting for a Digital Media Officer for their site in Winchester.
To develop and deliver digital promotional activities in collaboration with local authority and business partners to support business growth and engagement in key sectors.
* Develop engaging and timely, well written creative copy to a high standard for a range of communication channels including the Business Hampshire website, social media channels and propositions.
* Work with local authority partners and businesses to source written and picture copy to increase engagement and grow Business Hampshire's online presence.
* Monitor business intelligence sources and identify new stories which promote the business successes and investment in Hampshire.
* Identify opportunities for joint promotion and collaboration with partner organisations.
* Monitor, analyse and present website and social media data to drive improvements and functionality.
* Ensure all social media channels are utilised positively to promote Hampshire as a business location.
* Implement campaigns and promotions to expand the reach of the Business Hampshire social media channels by developing strategies and campaigns to drive engagement.
* Review and audit content to ensure that is relevant and up to date.
* Keep abreast of the latest developments in communications, PR and social media and advise on the latest and most engaging communication techniques available.
* Develop and deliver electronic newsletters for internal and external audiences, building engagement and reach.
* Develop CRM communications to maximise engagement with key businesses and support the teams account management activities.
* Advise on brand guidelines and quality standards and support the delivery of branded materials.
* Develop and manage a Business Hampshire image library, ensuring that they remain fit for purpose.
* Use technical and professional expertise to produce proposition materials and collateral, liaising with public and private sector partners, designers and printers.
* Represent the Business Growth team at internal and external meetings.
* Attend and participate in HCC and partner business events to capture and disseminate digital content.
* Use professional expertise and knowledge to contribute to future planning of the Business Growth team.
Corporate and statutory initiatives - equalities/health and safety/e-government/ sustainability:
* Be aware of current relevant policies, systems and procedures and best practice to provide advice and support within the team and ensure effective compliance and promote awareness.
* HND or Degree in a marketing or business related subject
* Advanced or Digital CIM qualification, e.g. CIM Professional or Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing; or Diploma in Digital Marketing
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Proven website development and management experience.
Demonstrable experience of researching, producing and editing targeted and high-quality copy
Ability to identify and clearly articulate key messages
Computer literate with advanced knowledge of social media, Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office software
Good research and analytical skills
Ability to understand and use analytical software such as Google Analytics
Ability to think creatively to identify promotional opportunities and them into action
Managing projects and meeting deadlines
Strong understanding of SEO principles and track record of implementation
Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
Diplomacy and sensitivity to the political environment of the role
A confident, adaptable self-starter with excellent organisational, presentation skills and a can do attitude.
Highly organised with excellent planning skills and capable of juggling many tasks at once
Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organisation and with external stakeholders
Calm under pressureDesirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of event management and organisation
* Photoshop and InDesign skills
* Destination marketing experience
* Good local knowledge of Hampshire
* Hybrid working with a mixture of working remotely or in the office, with some requirement to travel to meetings
* Moving and handling of objects, monthly requirement, up to 5kg
* User of display screen equipment
* Occasional anti-social hours including evening and weekend working away from home
* Driving (own car for work purposes)
Connect2Hampshire, part of Hampshire & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates