As a member of the Hiscox Re Operations Department, this role reports to the London Operations Manager. You will provide operational support for the Hiscox Re business unit, in an efficient and professional manner and in accordance with agreed procedures and service level agreements. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the Operations Department in achieving its objectives and build a rewarding career in reinsurance.Key responsibilities
- Efficient and effective operational and administrative support to Reinsurance underwriters and modellers at the Hiscox office. This will include, data entry of Non Marine and Marine Reinsurance risks and profiling Reinsurance documents.
- Ensuring Reinsurance risk information entered into the various Underwriting systems is accurate and complete. This includes direct data entry as well as quality checking.
- Completion of timely and accurate internal returns and management information reports, this will require strong working knowledge of excel.
- Understand and comply with current operational processes and procedures and actively look for ways to improve the way work is currently carried out.
- Communicating with underwriters, brokers and other interested parties to address and resolve operational issues that may arise.
- Application of correct procedures and adherence to service standards to ensure regulatory, corporate and operational requirements are met.
- Adhoc project and other work items at request of Operations team management.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of tasks assigned.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
- Excellent attention to detail with strong numerical skills.
- Good computer literacy, including intermediate/advanced Excel.
- Demonstrable capability to maintain high quality output and accuracy while meeting demanding deadlines.
- Prior and proven experience with working on team and individual projects that have resulted in successful process efficiencies.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload in order to meet tight deadlines, with previous experience of multi-tasking to achieve multiple deliverables.
- Confidence to work unsupervised and as part of a team to achieve personal and team objectives.
- Excellent communication skills with confidence to build relationships at all levels, and ask questions to ensure requirements and rationale are understood.
- Flexible approach to work with willingness to learn and undertake additional responsibilities.
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.