Finance Controller | Fast-Growth International Tech Business | London
Harmonic are pleased to be working exclusively with a fast-growth international Tech company on the hire of a Finance Controller to join their team. Working alongside a seasoned CFO this position is not only in a market beating businesses but is also part of a business known for their culture and development opportunities.
Currently doing c. 100m turnover our client has scaled rapidly over the last few years not just in the UK market but also internationally. They have a highly rated product in the D2C (direct to consumer) ecommerce space which has grown now to include international locations including US, Germany, and Australia just to name a couple. The hire of this Finance Controller is instrumental to ensuring they can continue to grow internationally as this position will oversee the controls, reporting and projects across these regions.The Role
Working alongside the CFO the Finance Controller position will deliver on:
What we need to see (essential):
- The groups global tax compliance, reporting and advisory process to the senior stakeholders of the business
- Ownership of the Corporate Tax Compliance work. Management of the team to deliver of the tax deadlines, savings and improvements.
- Management of the reporting and forecasting under IFRS for the UK function and with US GAAP for their north American business. There may be some ad-hoq duties depending on any new geographies around local accounting standards.
- Ownership of the UK Vat, Australian GST and US Sales Tax. Depending on new territories this position would also own any local taxes for new geographies.
- Management of ad-hoc projects such as implementing API based tax calculations and tax return filing system, transfer pricing framework, R&D credits and tax audits
- Preparing of UK Corporate Income Tax (CIT)
- Company house compliance in the UK and liaising with the local accountants to ensure overall group compliance through timely and accurate filing or various reports
- Maintain business reporting schedule/calendar, use provided reports and other information to send timely information to the investors, lenders, or any statutory bodies. Also, meet any other reporting obligations
- Maintain and update a fully-fledged audit and compliance calendar
What we'd like to see (bonus):
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Fully qualified / would consider QBE but must have corporate structure experience
- Experience within ecommerce / SAAS / Tech
- Driven and ambitious individual
- A Strong communication skills
- Prior experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- System improvement experience
- Experience in D2C
- Experience in corporate structuring
- Experience with international accounting US / Germany would be beneficial
£70-85k + options