Team LeaderReference Number:
Harpenden Bethesda HomeShifts Available:
Mornings, Evenings, Days, Nights, WeekendsLocation:
HarpendenType of Care Provider:
Care HomeSupporting individuals with:
Dementia, Older Adults, End Of Life, Physical Disability, Sensory ImpairmentPay/Salary:
£11.48 Per HourHours of Work:
37.5 hours, shifts between 7am-8pmDriving Required:
Full Time Contract About the Company
We have a small home who provide care and support for elderly Christians, it has a family feel, we are looking for an experienced carer who will be able to take on the challenge of team leadership within a small care team, supported by a manager and assistant manager.Bethesda's Ethos:
Why should I apply for this Team Leader job?
- Honesty and integrity - being trustworthy, open with each other and taking ownership of your actions.
- Enthusiasm - contributing to the character and atmosphere of the Homes and care of the residents through being the best you can and working with others to doing willingly and well the things that need to be done - a "can do" attitude.
- Compassion - understanding each other and being supportive and kind when difficulties and challenges are faced.
- Respect - recognising the preferred lifestyle of the Residents and the Christian ethos of the Homes.
- Service - a willingness to put the residents and each other first (and the self-sacrifice that might be needed) in making Bethesda a 'house of mercy'.
What does this Team Leader job involve?
- Pension scheme
- Easy free parking
- Our residential home has a family feel to it
- We are very well supported by staff and volunteers
- Paid breaks
- Training and Supervision to make you confident in your job
- Meals are provided during breaks
- "Herts Rewards" scheme including discounts and vouchers
- Ensuring Resident's needs are identified, agreed, assessed and regularly reviewed through their care plans, involving team members and Residents where appropriate.
- Providing support and care to people as specified in their care plan.
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and review of services to meet the changing needs and aspirations of Residents.
- Developing and promoting good working relationships with colleagues, Residents, volunteers, professionals and visitors.
- Acting as a mentor, supporting the induction of new team members and apprentices, and coaching existing staff where development is required.
- Being responsible for the ordering, storing and administration of medicines in accordance with Bethesda's policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Residents access and receive the appropriate input from health/social services.
- Attending and constructively contributing to meetings relevant to your role
- Assisting with planning rotas and covering staff absences.
- Deputise for the Registered Home Manager in the absence of the Deputy/Assistant Manager
- Dealing with any Residents or staff complaints, informing the Registered Home Manager of complaints and actions taken to address concerns.
- Carrying out supervisions and appraisals for care and/or Domestic staff.
- Reviewing and planning of care, documenting changes, communicating changes to Resident and family members where appropriate.
- Supporting residents to make, prepare for and attend appointments where required.
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and taking messages as required.
- Welcoming visitors and deal with any routine enquiries they may have in a friendly and professional manner.
- Working with families, friends, and carers to support Residents to develop and maintain relationships.
- Supporting the Domestic staff to ensure the common areas and Resident's rooms are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensuring all equipment and furniture is kept in good working order, reporting any defects to the Registered Home Manager.
- Taking a share of on call cover as required with other members of the team.
- Taking responsibility for Health and Safety when you are on duty.
- Helping to maintain Home records and administration, including audits, required by Bethesda and to comply with the relevant legislation. Am I the right person for this Team Leader job?
- Providing leadership and support to the team to which you have been assigned each shift.
- Being a visible and positive role model for excellent practice.
- Taking responsibility for the shift to which you have been assigned. This includes the oversight of all aspects of the care provision, the environment, the ambience, and the general wellbeing of all residents and staff, and reporting any issues to the management team.
- Delivering and leading high-quality care as part of the care team using a person-centred approach.
- Working collaboratively with the deputy/assistant manager and other team leaders to support and share good practice through regular team meetings.
If you are interested in this position, please apply today and we will call you within the next few days. If this is not the right job for you, you can search and apply easily for other positions via www.hertsgoodcare.com