Computer Science Teacher - Bedworth, Warwickshire - September
** Start date - September
** Contract - Full time, Permanent
** Salary - Main Pay Scale (M1-U3)
** Location - Bedworth, Warwickshire
Twenty 4 Seven Education are working with a thriving Secondary School in Bedworth, Warwickshire who are looking for a full time Computer Science Teacher, to start September on a permanent contract.
This innovative Secondary School is a community in which students discover who they are and go on, confidently, to take their places in society. The opportunities here for growth and development are extensive, exciting and engaging. This is a dynamic learning community where students' interests, happiness and wellbeing are our first consideration at all times. Their students are at the heart of everything they do, and they know that they feel valued and empowered by the experiences they share here.
The ICT Department intends all students can use logical and critical thinking to manipulate data, programme computers and excel safely in the digital world we all live in. Through exploring the way a computer is built we enable students to consider and reflect on how a computer works and how it can be built for a specific purpose. Through exploring the school network all students are able to understand online etiquette; online safety; and access all school systems to enable them to be the best they can be in all subjects. Through engaging students in programming they encourage critical and logical thinking, creativity and problem solving whilst enabling students to read and write in a block programming language.
Your new role:
You will need to plan and deliver high-quality lessons that engage, inspire and challenge pupils, ensuring pupils can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation. They will be able to analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs in order to solve such problems. They will be able to evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems. Lastly, pupils will become responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
The ideal candidate:
* Hold a UK recognised teaching qualification (QTS/QLTS)
* Have good Computer Science and ICT subject knowledge and experience of teaching across KS3 and KS4 in a UK school setting (KS5 is advantageous but not essential)
* A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people
* Be able to plan and deliver engaging lessons
* The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
* An awareness of effective assessment and use of data to track student progress
* Excellent organisational and ICT skills
* Good communication skills
* Strong classroom and behaviour management
The key benefits for working with Twenty 4 Seven Education are:
* Your own dedicated and friendly consultant who is available 24/7
* Competitive rates of pay
* £100 referral scheme (uncapped)*
* FREE/heavily reduced CPD courses
* FREE Safeguarding training
* Minimal administration (no time sheets!)
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now.'
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form.
If this position isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Birmingham office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available