The Chalk Hills Academy are preparing for September 2022. We have a wonderful opportunity for a Teacher of Music to join our team. We are happy to appoint a newly qualified teacher or a more experienced colleague, wishing to work with us. We have fully equipped music rooms and everything you need to bring your classes to life. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered. You will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment from April 2019 which is available for staff to use after school hours and a new sixth form block, opened in September 2019.
We are looking for a motivated teacher who can inspire young minds and break down learning barriers to ensure pupils excel in your subject area.
It's incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!What does our Expressive Arts Faculty offer?
The Successful Candidate will
- We have a large team which includes staff members in the fields of Visual Art, Dance, Drama, and Music.
- Recent success; Our students will be studying both GCSE Music and the new BTEC Tech Award in Music Practice during the 2022-23 school year. We will also be advising students in music centered projects in the WJEC Extended Project Qualification as we continue our growth into the Sixth Form.
- Opportunity for extra responsibilities in the team; Candidates are asked to sponsor music clubs that reflect the passions of the practitioner and students after the school day.
- Opportunity for promotion; Excellent CPD allows our practitioners to expand their curriculum knowledge to allow us to offer a cutting-edge, student-centered music curriculum.
- Grades / Levels achieved in department; We have recently rewritten the scope and sequence of the KS3 music curriculum to be congruent with the UK Model Music Curriculum. Students learn performance, composition, and appraising skills as well as introduction to music technology.
- We are looking for an outgoing, coachable team member to join a very passionate Expressive Arts department to teach Music at Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Candidates that hold QTS status are ideal or Experience in the music industry and/or in music technology would be an asset.
- Candidates that are passionate practitioners with successful experience in urban education are sought. Candidates that are fluent in music technology software packages and with hardware. Additionally, piano keyboarding skills are also ideal.
- Passionate educators that are reflective, coachable team players that take initiative are a plus. Active performers that can model musicianship in the classroom would be ideal.
Start date: Sept 2022
Salary: MPS M1-M6 £25,714-£36,961 (dependent on experience)
Job Role: Permanent, Full time
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
Here's what Ofsted have to say
- £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated 'Good' school
- You'll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
" Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils' behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment." Ofsted May 2018 Safeguarding 'We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view'.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: "Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children's health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes."
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.