ACM is a specialist music education provider with approximately 2,200 students on a range of FE and HE programmes in Music Performance, Creative Artist, Production, Technical Services, Business, Rap/MC and Games. Our creative and dynamic environment blends academic excellence and professionalism alongside leading-edge industry thinking and business innovation.ACM's Vision:
ACM will nurture potential and talent, supporting the personalised development needs of our students to facilitate a structured path from education to employment. We provide a safe and supported space where creative talent and imagination can flourish in a caring environment. Barriers to learning are identified through a holistic and person-centred approach to unlock the potential of the individual, enabling personal growth through professional and academic development. Our core aim is for our students to enjoy lifelong sustainable careers underpinned by applied learning and a specialist, cutting-edge curriculum.
Therefore, our vision is to not only be the leader in applied, industry-connected, creative arts education but to also be the leader in care and support for mental health and other traditional barriers to learning, thereby driving up the standards expected within higher and further education.ACM's Mission:
To provide an immersive student experience, with a curriculum which is connected to the industry in real-time, based on a learning by doing ethos. Our core aim is to build confidence and self-awareness, providing students with the skills necessary to recognise and take opportunities.
Ultimately our mission is to enable students to fulfil their potential and enjoy a sustainable career within the creative arts industry.ROLE PURPOSE:
The Student Visa Compliance Officer's primary duties will be carried out in collaboration with the other staff within the Academic Registry department, and the Education Department in ACM's approach to ensuring compliance with immigration laws and student visa regulations.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Performance Indicators:
- To act as the key point of contact on all operational matters of student visa compliance relating to applicants and students of ACM;
- To take operational decisions on matters of Student Visa Sponsorship, on behalf of the accountable officer;
- To develop, implement and review relevant policies and processes in collaboration with the Quality Officer and Registry Manager;
- To review applications referred by the Applicant Advisors, for visa compliance purposes, within the specified Service Level Agreement;
- To assess and process CAS requests for applicants in accordance with ACM's policies, ensuring that all CAS meet the provider's defined criteria;
- To ensure that all ACM CAS are issued within the agreed timeframes;
- To input and validate data required for the CAS on ACM's management information systems;
- To act as a Level 1 user of the UKVI Sponsor Management system and any other systems requirements;
- To track, monitor and review Student Visa Application decisions, highlighting discernible patterns and concerns to the Academic Board at an early stage;
- To receive and process refusals on ACM's management information system, assessing eligibility for a new CAS if appropriate;
- To update, withdraw and add sponsor notes to unused CAS as appropriate;
- To monitor and produce regular reports to the Student Engagement and Quality Committee on ACM's Student Visa refusal rate, enrolment rate, and completion rate;
- To immediately alert the Registrar of any identified risk to Student Visa compliance, and to support an effective and timely resolution;
- To ensure the timely reporting to UKVI of any relevant change in circumstance of an ACM student, via the appropriate channels;
- To monitor the attendance, engagement and progression of students at ACM with a Student Visa, and report any concerns to the Risk Intervention Group;
- To respond to queries from staff, students and applicants within the agreed service level agreement;
- To respond to queries from UKVI, Border Force, or any other external body in an appropriate and timely manner;
- To work with the Records Officer and Registry Manager to conduct audits of student files to ensure full compliance with Student Visa requirements;
- To work in a consistent and organised manner, delivering excellent levels of customer service and acting in a professionally at all times;
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of all processes and procedures, seeking ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of working practices;
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure during peak periods;
- Work with little or no day-to-day supervision, setting challenging but achievable daily targets to manage own workload;
- To support other services within Student & Academic Services as required;
- To work flexibly at peak times, including additional hours and weekend work where required.
- To accurately issue all UGIC CAS within agreed timescales, in accordance with UKVI regulations and ACM policy;
- To complete all statutory reporting for UGIC students within the permitted timeframes;
- Successful internal and external audit outcomes (including UKVI audits).
- Effectiveness of planning and proactivity in annual schedule of activities;
- Efficiently handling activities and effectively prioritising.
Knowledge of work:
- Demonstrates understanding of the role responsibilities and all phases of activity;
- Demonstrates understanding of ACM's policies and procedures.
- Provides relevant and timely information to line manager and operational meetings via well-structured reports;
- Demonstrates effective communication of information to coworkers and other operational/ procedural stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Demonstrates cooperative spirit;
- Involves all relevant stakeholders in tasks and activities;
- Does not contain work and responsibilities to a silo.
Decision making/ problem solving:
- Makes timely and practical decisions;
- Demonstrates effective understanding of problems when they arise and takes appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Resolves student issues and queries within ACM's Service Level Agreement;
- Communicates effectively with students to manage dissatisfaction or anxiety, working to enhance the student experience;
- Communicates effectively to students to help them understand information relevant to their programme and registration, as well as ACM's quality assurance processes and policies.
- Maintains good punctuality;
- Maintains good personal attendance record;
- Complies with instructions and effectively meets deadlines;
- Effectively prioritises responsibilities and deadlines.
- Extensive understanding of Tier 4 visa requirements;
- Good understanding of the international applicant journey;
- Significant experience of working in a visa compliance role within a UK University;
- Previous experience of assigning CAS to Tier 4 applicants/students;
- Significant experience of working as part of a busy team in a pressurised environment;
- Experience of delivering good customer service;
- Experience of working without direct supervision;
- Computer literate with the ability to use Outlook, Word, and Excel to a high standard;
- Able to prioritise and deliver a demanding workload under pressure and to tight deadlines, without constant supervision;
- Ability to set and achieve challenging targets, holding oneself to account;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer focused approach;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to new ways of working;
- High-level of attention to detail Ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Ability to approach problems in a logical manner and seek creative solutions;
- A positive and professional approach with a can-do attitude;
- Highly motivated with a resilient personality;
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work overtime during peak period;
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent or with demonstrable relevant experience.
- Previous use of the UKVI SMS as a Level 1 user;
- Knowledge and experience of working with a student record system;
- Experience of business process design and implementation;
- Previous experience of working in or with a private education provider;
- Understanding of xml coding and other database tools;
- Understanding of the concept of continuous improvement.
All ACM staff work to the same values which are: Inclusivity
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required during peak work times;
- Willingness to travel between campuses as required.
To empower individuals from diverse backgrounds, to maintain accessibility, and provide an inclusive organisational culture. Supportive environments
To provide environments that support personal and professional development through a holistic approach and bring the benefits of the creative arts to the wider community. Agility and innovation
To provide an inspiring organisational culture that embraces innovation through openness, flexibility, creativity and self-evaluation. Connectivity
To recognise the benefits of working closely with industry and others, to embrace new technologies, and to provide meaningful opportunities, in order to enhance learning. Professional and academically strong standards
To provide state of the art professional environments, to inspire determination and enthusiasm, and ensure high professional and academic standards
Please be aware all ACM staff must undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to starting. This will need to be renewed once every three years. To apply for this role please go tohttps://www.acm.ac.uk/jobs/student-visa-compliance-officer/ and complete an application form. ACM cannot accept any application made without and application form"