This role is Predominantly Remote *
The Interim Compliance Manager will do occasional travels into the Basingstoke office, twice every fortnight. The Opportunity
The ideal next step for an aspiring compliance professional to step into a leadership role. You will be in charge of ensuring that business in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including adherence to GDPR and ISO accreditation standards, and to operate in line with internal business policies. This is a 9 month maternity-leave cover starting ASAP.The Company
One of the UK largest automotive insurers.What you will do
The role leads the compliance function and manages a small team. As a compliance team manager, you will overview all compliance activities, related document management systems and the internal risk register. You will also conduct internal spot check audits to verify policy compliance within the business and investigate breaches and exceptions to policies.Responsibilities
- To overview the compliance function and ensure processes and procedures are in place in order to meet compliance obligations.
- Create and manage relevant document management systems and ensure documentation is properly maintained by designated business owners.
- To provide robust monthly compliance reporting for the Senior Management team, presenting monthly.
- To manage the Compliance team and provide leadership and supervision to them and their work.
- To monitor audit issues and regulatory non-conformities and breaches of all policies.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on corrective actions or risk mitigation strategies in order to remediate non-compliant situations.
- Monitor the implementation progress of action plans designed to correct incidents of non-compliance or potential issues in policies, systems or employee issues.
- Act as a point of coordination for providing internal training, guidance and advice relating to the standards manged by compliance, including GDPR.
- To manage the processing of GDPR obligations, e.g. subject access requests.
- To manage the company risk register, and ensure it is kept up to date and presented to the senior leadership team every month.
- Conduct internal audits to verify that policies and procedures are being followed and compliance standards are met.
- To manage the process of maintaining department's externally accredited quality management systems - ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 45001 including management of external audits
- Manage the BCP with regular reviews and tests on systems, processes, and data protection.
· Highly organised with deep experience of managing administrative functions and document management systems.
· Experience in a similar role within a compliance function, familiar with how compliance and auditing teams work. Experience in differing compliance regimes will be considered if applicable.
· Familiarity with ISO standards (9001, 14001, 27001, 45001) and GDPR is a strong advantage. Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better. Inventum's approach to job applictions It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.