My client is an international organisation concentrating on empowering women by providing funding and opportunities in impoverished regions. Having experienced quick growth within the last couple of years, they are now looking to expand their finance team with the appointment of a Finance Assistant. The role will also provide a certain level of training (dependent on experience). Additionally, it is a hybrid position with an expectation of one to two days a week in the office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Input international grant payments into the banking platforms for authorisation
- Follow up with the bank, programme staff and / or beneficiaries on any queries relating to payments that are delayed, returned or require further investigation
- Liaise with our bookkeeper on grant payment coding within our accounting system (Xero).
- Reconciliation of grant payments across various finance platforms (banks, PayPal and Western Union) to Xero and programme team instruction templates
- Managing accounts payable function, ensuring invoices are approved against budget and recorded accurately in Xero.
- Review monthly credit card statements and receipts, and provide coding / allocations to the bookkeeper
The successful candidate will be:
- A university graduate, ideally with a finance or numerical related degree or working towards an AAT Level 3 or similar qualification
- Highly numerate, with understanding of basic finance and payment processes
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills in English.
- Strong MS Excel skills (vlookups, hlookups, pivot tables, sumifs etc)
The organisation are looking for someone who is passionate, pro-active, eager to learn and happy to receive training.