We are now recruiting for a well-established company, currently in an exciting expansion phase.
The role of the Assistant Accountant is to support the finance department in the preparation of monthly financial accounts, quarterly forecast, yearly budget and assisting in the production od financial and operation reports.
The client will offer study support for those wanting to partake in AAT, ACCA or CIMA!What's in it for you?
Key Responsibilities:Purchase Ledger/Sales Ledger
- Salary: Up to £30k depending on experience
- Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm (opportunity to partially work from home after probation period)
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + BH; Healthcare; Generous pension scheme; Study Support
- Overseeing the SAP procedures including the Purchase Order system and filing of invoices
- Supervising and assisting in the preparation of import files for bulk invoices
- Monthly reconciliation of Purchase Ledger accounts
- Preparing weekly payment run
- Supporting the Finance assistance during month-end if required
- PCI and PAYG Licencing fee inspections invoicing
- Assisting in monthly bank reconciliations, being the starting point in providing monthly figures
- Daily bank reconciliations for outgoing payments
Financial and Operations Reporting
- Preparation and posting of monthly incomes
- Responsible for the upkeep of Fixed Assets Register and posting of depreciation journals
- Prepare monthly WIP income calculation in a timely manner and posting the journals
- Preparation of Prepayments schedules and posting the journal
- Preparation and posting of accruals journals
- Reconciliation of balance sheet items, such as control accounts monthly
- Preparation of Audit schedules for Auditors and assisting in resolving Audit queries
What the employer is looking for:
- Production of monthly expenditure reports with variances for budget holders and resolving their queries
- Assisting in the production of monthly operations reports
- Resolving queries for 'internal customers'
- Preferably one to two years' experience in accounts
- Strong financial and cost accounting knowledge
- Accounting software preferably SAP or Sage advantageous
- Microsoft Office and Excel to Intermediate/Advanced level
- Organisational and administrative
- Attention to detail
Red Door Recruitment is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. Full details available on our website.
Please note due to the number of applications we often receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.