Propositions Manager - Individual Protection and Employee Benefits (Accident & Sickness, Group Risk)Job Location:
Brighton-based for at least two days per week
We are a company driven by a solid set of principles
(see below) and purposes such as diversity
, and inclusion
. Our working culture provides flexibility and naturally a 'hybrid'
working model as standard. We are part of the Women in Finance Charter, an initiative set up by the UK's HM Treasury. We want to benefit
from the many positives that come by having a more diverse
throughout all levels of seniority and lines of business. Our workforce enjoys excellent
benefits, including private healthcare, a brilliant
pension, and a host of other benefits
to ensure you and yours are kept safe and protected.MetLife Success Principles
- Build Tomorrow - We change and innovate for sustained performance
- Win Together - We collaborate and empower each other to succeed
- Own It - We deliver for our customers
This exciting new Propositions Manager opportunity has come about due to the success of the business, we are expanding. Now is an excellent time for you to join us.Role Value Proposition:
Role sits within the UK Product team, a combination of actuarial and proposition roles supporting Individual Protection and Employee Benefits business lines, together with the closed Wealth Management portfolio. This role specialises in propositional development and execution for Individual Protection 'IP' and Employee Benefits 'EB'; supporting MetLife's strategy of delivering shareholder value by shaping the propositions to create distribution advantage, optimising value vs risk, and delivering the right solutions for the right customers. Role works closely with Actuarial, Marketing, Sales, Legal, Risk & Compliance, Operations and Underwriting.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the right propositions to support our Winning the Future Strategy. This involves collaboration with actuarial, marketing, risk and compliance, legal, operations, IT, in line with MetLife's product development process and Product, Solutions & Ecosystem playbook.
- Monitor macro-environment, competitor developments and insurance markets
- Manage product literature for IP and EB lines, including but not limited to policy terms and conditions, policy schedules, policy summaries, and technical guides.
- Lead, assist and support management issues relating to sales, operations, complaints, claims, underwriting etc.
Essential Business Experience
- Manage third-party relationships in respect of value-added services including the MetLife Master Trusts and Wellbeing Hub.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Track record in delivery - Demonstrable history in developing and delivering innovative, customer-centric and value-enhancing propositions in the UK insurance market, particularly in individual protection
- Initiative - Demonstrates willingness to proactively address current and potential challenges and opportunities with a strategic mindset; willingly accepts increased responsibilities, seeks new opportunities to improve a task or process. Played significant role in promoting innovation with previous employers.
- Execution: - Demonstrates a sense of urgency to achieve results; acts decisively to prioritise workload, meet deadlines, and achieve deliverables; efficiently manages time, projects and resources across multiple priorities to meet schedule and budget constraints.
- Accountability for Results - Demonstrates personal responsibility for completing tasks within deadlines with strong attention-to-detail to a high standard and achieving high quality results. Accepts responsibility for successes and failures and uses feedback to modify behaviour. Looks for commercially strong outcomes.
- Customer Focus - Considers the customer perspective and strives to find creative solutions that are in the best interest for the customer and the business. Manages expectations and monitors satisfaction. Establishes goals with customers in mind and follows up on customer needs; ensures product suitable, fit for purpose and champions initiatives to improve customer experience.
- Job Knowledge - Demonstrate expert levels of relevant knowledge and skills to perform all aspects of the job. Acquires new knowledge and skills to continually improve performance. Demonstrates knowledge of the company's business, products, and governing regulations; stays current on trends and issues facing the company and marketplace; uses current technologies; considers the broader context in which the job is embedded when making decisions.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrates the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly and memorably in both written and verbal format; solicits ideas and input from others; listens to diverging opinions; influences others to adopt a course of action.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent. Must be committed to work towards financial services qualifications such as FPFS or FCII etc. or equivalent
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office
- Full or close-to-full Advanced Diploma Qualification through Chartered Insurance Institute
MetLife will assist in the funding of Professional Fees for employees where it is relevant and aligned to your position within the organisation. MetLife reserve the right to make a judgement on whether the subscription is relevant or not to your role as well as cease the payment at any time. This type of subscription will not incur "benefit in kind" tax.