Commercial Real Estate Finance Manager
£80,000 - £90,000 + bonus + excellent benefits
Growing London banking group with global assets of over $20billion. The business comprises FX/MM, commercial and wholesale banking together with retail activities. The bank's commercial real estate business area continues to expand. They are now looking for an experienced person who has a high level of credit skills and experience in commercial real estate finance to support the Head of Commercial Real Estate Finance to develop and manage on a day to day basis both potential new customer targets and existing customers to meet assigned financial and non-financial targets.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Real Estate Finance, you will work with the Commercial Real Estate Team, the Credit team, operational staff, senior management and relationship teams as well as liaison with external clients, professionals and real estate syndication desks and many different bank departments. The role includes the following:
• Prepare credit applications and reviews for new/prospective customers and existing customer facilities (annual reviews) that adequately address relevant risk factors
• Deal with and resolve customer problems and requirements, in coordination with appropriate in house and external support functions, to ensure timely, friendly and accurate delivery of the Bank's products and services.
• Support the Head of Commercial Real Estate Financing in negotiating and documenting facilities for clients
• Assisting with the management of watch list and impaired credits
• Supervise and provide mentoring to junior member of the team
• Following up with approved solicitors and surveyors on matters related to customer transactions
• Being responsible for the post-sanction facility implementation process to include, if required, obtaining relevant documentation, due diligence, account opening and facility drawdown procedures
• Construct complex Commercial Real Estate financing structures secured against UK CRE assets (Mainly Offices, Student Accommodation Properties, Hotel, PRS Schemes & Residential Portfolios).
• Timely, accurate and rigorous written analysis of Commercial Real Estate Finance credit applications in support of new transactions and annual reviews
• Maintain relationships with existing Borrowers
• Maintain and build on the Bank's strong and extensive relationship with various Real Estate Finance syndication desks
• Manage the administrative aspects, documentation and regulatory/accounting issues pertaining to the sourcing, execution and ongoing monitoring of relationships and transactions, including managing the related requirements of the credit approval process.
• Maintaining customer files in accordance with the Bank's KYC requirements to ensure compliance with Money Laundering Regulations at all times. As a client facing department, the role requires AML and Sanctions responsibilities, Commercial Real Estate contains the first line of defence to prevent the Bank being a victim of "Financial Crime". There is a responsibility to conduct KYC in accordance with the Bank's customer due diligence procedures and thereafter monitor and escalate high risk clients to the MLRO/Deputy MLRO and CEO for further review; Ensure periodic reviews are being conducted in accordance with the risk classification of the client; Address any material changes to the clients' circumstances;
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
• Good university degree (minimum UK 2:1 or equivalent) with either of Masters, Professional accountancy certification, MRICS or CFA qualifications and a good knowledge of commercial real estate finance in the UK;
• Minimum 6 years credit analysis and managing/ leading UK commercial real estate finance transactions;
• Highly numerate, seasoned commercial real estate finance credit analyst with some experience of analysing structured or more complex transactions.
• Accuracy and high level of numeracy in relation to financial analysis. Highly skilled at spreadsheets; ideally with some financial modelling experience.
• Good working knowledge of banking products.
• A self starter and keen team player
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently are required.
• Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy and eye for market research and following industry trends pertaining to bank's portfolio.
• High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team.
• Quality and customer-focused
If you are interested please apply or contact Sheldon Paule for a confidential discussion on 0044 (0)207 337 0011 or email him at email@example.com