We are looking for an experienced Accountant with excellent communication skills to effectively manage the operation of our expanding Agriculture department. The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or higher with solid practice experience in preparing and reviewing farming accounts and a passion for helping businesses that operate within this sector.
Your role will involve working at our Leamington or Stratford offices although we are able to continue to offer a degree of flexible remote working following the easing of Covid restrictions.
A full study package will be offered for those seeking further relevant accountancy qualification Key duties
Taking responsibility for effectively managing a growing portfolio of agricultural clients, being their day-to-day point of contact, working closely with the head of the department
Developing strong relationships with clients, including understanding their business practices and specific information needs
Reviewing accounts and VAT returns for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies within the agricultural sector.
Working with colleagues in assisting farming clients with their financial record keeping, which is increasingly moving to Cloud-based solutions.
Training and mentoring junior members of the team
Continually looking for ways to improve and develop the department and improve efficiencies Experience
- ACA / ACCA fully or part-qualified, or AAT qualified (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3 years' experience in public practice
- Experience of preparing and reviewing accounts for Agricultural / Rural Services Businesses
- Experience of working with Xero or similar cloud accounting bookkeeping packages
- Exposure to Tax related business tax computations and basic capital tax awareness would be beneficial, but not a prerequisite