: (Senior) Director, Global Medical AffairsLocation
: The United Kingdom or European UnionReporting to
: Global Head of Medical AffairsAbout F2G
F2G is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies to treat life-threatening invasive fungal infections. F2G has discovered and developed a completely new class of antifungal agents called the orotomides. The orotomides have a distinct mechanism of action, selectively targeting fungal dihydroorotate dehydrogenase (DHODH), a key enzyme in the de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis pathway. This differentiates the orotomides from the currently marketed antifungal agents. Olorofim (formerly F901318) is F2G's leading candidate from this class and has fungicidal activity against a broad range of mold infections, including a variety of rare and resistant molds that cause life-threatening infections for which current therapies have limitations or are ineffective. Olorofim is in a Phase 2b open-label study focusing on rare and resistant invasive fungal infections including invasive aspergillosis (including azole-resistant strains), coccidioidomycosis and scedosporiosis (including lomentosporiosis). Olorofim has received orphan drug status from the European Medicines Agency and orphan drug status, Qualified Infectious Disease Product (QIDP) designation and Breakthrough Therapy designation from FDA. F2G is headquartered in the UK with subsidiaries in the US and Austria.Our Vision
F2G's vision is to bring to market safe, convenient, and effective novel antifungal agents to challenge a global unmet need for therapies that are active against resistant infections and also against pathogens which have historically been difficult to treat. F2G's leading agent, Olorofim, is the first novel anti-fungal treatment developed in the past 20 years and is the only antifungal medication ever to be awarded a Breakthrough Therapy Designation for multiple designations by the FDA. F2G believes that Olorofim, and subsequent agents, will address some of the many challenges which face the treating physician and the patient with invasive fungal infections.
F2G opened its US headquarters in late 2021 and is hiring key functions in preparation for
launching Olorofim. The first team to be hired will be the Medical Affairs team. Global support is needed to establish the Medical Information function, support the newly formed US Medical Affairs team, assist the Global Medical Affairs team with strategic planning, and provide an expert Medical Information service to healthcare professionals around the world.Key Responsibilities:
What You Bring to The Table:
- Support the development of Global CME initiatives including congress symposia and stand-alone CME events.
- Coordinate the review of and management of investigator-initiated studies in collaboration with Medical Affairs and other key functions.
- Support the Managed Access Programme and real-world data collection initiatives.
- Support training and onboarding of new colleagues from cross-functional teams with focused therapy area knowledge.
- Plan and implement advisory boards.
- Support the legitimate exchange of medical and scientific information, education, and research initiatives with the medical community.
- Establish and maintain the company's reputation for scientific excellence with key opinion leaders through extensive therapeutic area knowledge and refined interpersonal skills.
- Be a key point of contact for clinicians, researchers, and investigators.
- Engage with external stakeholders on topics including drug treatment, disease state, clinical development, and responding to unsolicited off-license product-related questions.
- Support medical and scientific discussions, presentations, data exchange, and internal and external training and education through ongoing dialogue with and support to the field-based teams.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders, including other Medical Affairs colleagues, Market Access, Sales, and Marketing in providing insights from field activities to help build an overall strategic launch plan for Olorofim.
- Provide medical information support to commercial and medical colleagues on the creation, review, and approval of promotional and non-promotional materials at both the US and global levels.
- Contribute to the company's global strategic planning processes by providing expertise in the field.
This Job Is Right for You If:
- A bachelor's or advanced degree, preferably with a natural sciences or pharmacy focus.
- A minimum of 10 years of medical affairs experience including time spent at the regional or global level.
- Prior experience in the therapy area preferred.
- Launch experience preferred.
- Prior experience in infectious diseases or rare diseases an advantage.
- You are able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, mental agility, and a willingness to collaborate and work outside the box.
- You are able to travel 25%-30% predominantly in Europe, UK, and US.
To apply, please visit our Careers page at www.f2g.com and submit your resume to email@example.com.
Engage with us on our LinkedIn page as well at https://www.linkedin.com/company/f2g/