Your new company
Our client is an exciting fast-growing operational business who have an excellent reputation and strong commercial presence in their specialist market field.Your new role
Succession planning, this role has been created for someone to take on this newly created position with the intention of stepping up in the business during the next few years, then taking on more responsibilities. In this position, you would be controlling and managing the Operational Finance Team, which is currently at headcount of approx. 30 staff. You would be there to produce the internal and external management reporting, manage the financial risk within the Division, and to act as the primary financial business partner to the MD. Responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Oversee the production of the weekly by sector management reporting including presentation of the results with explanation on variances to plan to MD and Group FD
- Oversee the month end close and production of the Divisions monthly reporting pack for the Group
- Quarterly forecast process, presentation of results to MD, Group FD, and CEO
- All aspects of the annual budget process ensuring that results are delivered to the timetable
- Financial business partner to the MD supporting him in all financial aspects of his business
- Management of financial risk including sign off, of new business and aged debt recovery
- Development of the financial reporting suite to ensure that it meets the businesses requirements and represents industry best practice
- Head up financial projects.
This role will be suited to a fully qualified Financial Controller/Director, who has a demonstrable, recent background working in a transport centric logistics business, either own account or 3PL. You must be fully CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified with 10 years+ post-qualified experience. Confident staff management capability and experience managing large multi-site teams is essential along with advanced Excel skills. Having a tenacious, robust character, positive attitude and problem-solving nature are also key.What you'll get in return
As well as good career development prospects and a supportive culture, this well recognised and highly reputable business offer a competitive benefits package including a car.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.