Tax Manager (Part-time 2-3 days per week, hybrid working)c£65,000 pro-rata with excellent benefits
Multinational plumbing and heating products distributor, employing 31,000 employees worldwide. This role is a maternity contract, ideally commencing in June, 2-3 days per week.
Reporting to the Tax Director, the Tax Manager will work closely with the VP of Tax based in the US to manage and optimise the Group's tax position through the proactive delivery of value in line with the company's Global Tax Strategy, the Tax Manager is a key member of a forward-looking tax team that engages and partners with the business to ensure tax remains high on the agenda. This is a broad role for a well-rounded tax professional.Key Responsibilities:
- Group Reporting: Support the preparation and review of the monthly, quarterly and annual HFM submissions for all the UK corporate entities
- Support in the management and review of the Group's UK tax compliance obligations and the maintenance of the relationship with the Global Compliance and Reporting Provider
- Provide tax input into the Group's business planning and forecasting process through timely & accurate tax accounting, analysis and commentary
- Assist with the management of tax audits and maintaining good relationships with HMRC, including preparing and delivering presentations
- Manage a diverse range of groupwide projects including financing, M&A, transfer pricing and disputes
- Fulfill the Group's Transfer Pricing obligations including the OECD's Master-Local files and Country by Country Reporting and management service charge calculations
- Manage compliance requirements such as, Diverted Profits Tax, International Movement of Capital and withholding taxes etc.
- Monitor external tax and accounting developments, assessing impact, communicating to senior management
- Pro-actively partner with business units, market Tax Managers, Finance functions, HR, Reward and other business stakeholders
- Provide strategic advice and identify value opportunities across all taxes
- Manage the tax input into the Group's business planning and forecasting processes including management and analysis of the Group's effective tax rate and cash tax
- Assist in managing the Group's tax risk management process including the UK Senior Accounting Officer review and ensuring compliance with the Group's financial control framework
- Assist with developing, documenting and implementing policies such as the company's Global Tax Strategy, transfer pricing, procurement, employment and indirect tax policies
We're looking for a qualified (ACA, CTA or equivalent) commercially minded tax professional with a minimum of 2 years' post-qualification experience. You will need a detailed understanding of tax related accounting standards and entity and consolidated tax reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP, with highly proficient IT skills, including Excel and ideally, SmartView and HFM. Exposure to an international business is essential and experience within a dynamic, fast moving, business would be advantageous.