An international Events Agency based in Stevenage are currently looking for an Events Coordinator
to join their events project team. You must an energetic, hardworking and self motivated individual who has hands on experience of working in events or a project management type of role.
Within this role you will be supporting a Senior Events Manager with the delivery of outstanding events for the business's clients. You will be a client focused individual, enthusiastic, somebody who loves a challenge and thrives on working in a fast paced environment.
This role comes with some fantastic benefits, here are just a few of them:
- The successful candidate for this role will work for a clients who do a lot of overseas meetings - this means that the role involves exploring European cities, trying out restaurants and taking groups of people away - 'which is really fun'
- The businesses working from home and flexi-time policies means you'll spend 2 days a week in the office and have flexibility with the other 3 days - plus flexible start and end times between 08:00 - 10:00 & 16:00 - 18:00 (plus early finish on a Friday)
- Two "work from anywhere weeks" a year - kicks in after 1 year of service
- A lovely 27 days of holiday + bank holidays + your birthday + lieu days
- Additional benefits include: pension scheme, sabbatical schemes (after 2 years of working for the business you can apply to take a month off, using annual leave and after 5 years you can apply to take a 2 month sabbatical)
- Free railcard for all eligible employees, all teas, coffees and snacks in the office are free,
- Bonus scheme - which is based employee workload, input into the internal team and employees going above and beyond - so directly influenced by your input
- Summer party, Christmas Party, Social occasions throughout the year, Book Club
- Quarterly recognition awards - peer-reviewed award with a prize given quarterly
- If your a dog lover, then dogs are always welcome in the office
- Discounted use of company-owned holiday homes (outside of school holiday time)
As the Events Coordinator
you will be responsible for:
- Providing project and pro-active support through the life span of each event including areas such as advertising and marketing and liaising with events speaker
- Sourcing venues for clients in line with their events requirements
- Virtual events set-up and management including virtual event production, troubleshooting and technical briefings
- Ensuring that you are following industry regulations and standards
- Sponsorship and exhibition sales and liaison
- Delegate management
- Taking financial responsibility for each project this would include areas such as financial reporting and invoicing
- Organising logistical arrangements
- Managing client relationships and liaising with and managing external suppliers
- Provide on-site event support as part of the event on site team
- Continually update your knowledge on event products, services and trends
The Events Coordinator
- Experience of working within the event sector (preferable not essential)
- Good financial skills with the ability to understand budgets
- Project management experience
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Great attention to details with strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and organise your workload
- Evidence of being pro-active and using your own initiative
- Able to negotiate and work well under pressure
- Flexible and able to travel and run events (UK and some International) outside of normal working hours
This role also offers flexible working hours with flexible start and finish times, and a combination of both office, field and home based working, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. However, being in the events industry does mean occasionally you will have to work and travel outside of normal working hours, stay away from home overnight and will involve some international travel.Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.