The client operates in multiple locations across the globe including Ireland, UK, Asia, Australia, India and Canada and comprises multiple trading entities. The overall Group is focussed on transforming and changing the organisation to support a rapidly changing global talent market.
The group is seeking a Finance Business Partner
to support the financial growth of the business as it expands across the globe. This position has arisen due to the significant growth that is envisaged for the company and requires a dedicated financial resource to manage to cover all financial aspects of the business. You will be responsible for supporting the interface (as opposed to the day-to-day responsibility) between the Group Financial Control function based in Ireland and the operational side of the business. The Group Financial Control function based in Ireland is responsible for the delivery of credit control, billing, payroll services, monthly reporting and statutory compliance. A high-profile role, you will work with Senior Executives across the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager - UK, Ireland and Canada, the role will play an integral part in supporting the Org business as it grows. The role is supported by a local part time financial administrator. The responsibilities of the role fall under a number of headings that include:Project Management
Budgeting / Forecasting
- Understanding the pricing of each client project
- Manage and track the revenue and costs associated with each project
- Set up each project on the internal system, understand it's billing requirements and the billing triggers that drive the recognition of revenue
- Report on the financial progress of each project to include, for example, project status, project contribution, commentary on variances to budget / forecast, etc as well as highlighting any financial issues that arise.
- Ownership and responsibility for delivering quarterly reforecasts, annual budgets and longer term strategic financial planning and modelling for both businesses, working closely with all Business owners and Group Finance. Ensuring all targets are both challenging and achievable while providing strategic and financial guidance to ensure that financial commitments are met.
- Manage all the transactional activity on the project through linking in with the global finance shared services team that includes reporting, accounts payable, payroll and billing
- Understand the global Org business with the view to documenting and implementing financial processes required for its successful operation and aligning these processes to group finance where relevant
- Working with the Financial Reporting team to support the provision of timely concise month end reporting packs and commentaries on actual versus prior year and budget on all key P&L line items.
- Commercial narrative with succinct commentary outlining key business developments in the month.
- Maximise the use of the current operational system in place (Harvest).
- Create a procedural manual of "How to" of the current operational system.
- Work closely with the finance systems director and the wider finance team in scoping out the longer- term system requirement for Org and then support the identification and implementation of that system
Skills and Experience
- Liaise with payroll and legal on any compliance/legal issues in a timely manner to allow for sufficient time to resolve and advise
- Support the tender processes of Org through providing any relevant financial information required or support on tender pricing
- Support on any other ad hoc duties as required
- Fully qualified accountant
- Industry experience is an advantage
- Strong understanding of financial processes
- Ability to build relationships and influence in a fast-paced high performing business culture whose input is proactively sought by the business.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and pro-active manner with your Group Finance colleagues ensuring critical operational issues are surfaced and resolved in a timely manner.
- Create a skillset and environment where you are viewed as a trusted member of your business unit's senior management team
- Excellent communicator who can deal effectively with financial and non-financial people and is focused on building and maintaining excellent and challenging working relationships across multiple stake-holders at the most senior level of the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of report preparation for senior management up to board level.
- Takes full ownership of areas of own responsibility and is totally delivery focused.
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Highly motivated and takes a proactive approach to problem solving and is commercially minded when approaching business decisions
- Experience of having worked in a multi-cultural and multi-locational environment
- High level of technical competency required and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage delivery of output to tight timelines.
- Strong MS Office skills required
The role of Finance Business Partner is offered with excellent benefits and a salary between £50K - £60K. Based in Milton Keynes with flexible Hybrid working.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.