Stepping stone to FD, or an enjoyable challenge for someone who's got the t-shirt already, this is a lovely Number One role in a small but ambitious business in a growth market.
With a product base that serves the shift towards living and working more sustainably and carbon reduction, growth is conservatively projected to be 20% annually, with the possibility also of acquisitions supported by their international parent.
Initially, your focus will be to lead the team and oversee the monthly group reporting and management accounting process. Quickly you'll get to know and understand the wider business and its people in order to develop the provision of more commercial insight, developing dashboards and analysis, etc. Beyond that you'll also play a role in more strategic decision making processes, integrations and future development plans, attending strategic board meetings.
* Production of monthly management accounts, group reporting and KPI reports
* Management of Finance Team of 3
* Work with Operations Director on development and delivery of KPI reports and analysis (productivity, margin, labour utilisations, etc)
* Work with Managing Director and Sales Director on budgets and strategy
* Implement digital systems for HR management, expenses and annual leave
* Participation in key customer contract negotiations
* Production of Year End pack and management of audit process
You will need to be/have:
* Fully Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
* Manufacturing/Leasing/Contract accounting experience ideal
* Ownership of the full monthly reporting process, P&L and balance sheet
* Confidence and curiosity to get out from behind the desk and understand the business to drive performance
* A growth mindset and "can do" attitude to learn and grow as the business and role grow too
In return you'll play a key role in the growth of this fantastic business, with the chance to shape your role and indeed that of finance over the coming months and years.
Salary to £60k + performance bonus
Hybrid working up to 40% remote working, the remainder to be spent on-site in Cannock