Our client is a specialist value added UK distributor, offering a broad range of electronic components, displays, printers, fans, ESD protection & solutions from world class manufacturers such as, Fujitsu, Powertip, Amphenol, Protek Devices, etc.
They supply to a wide variety of customers operating in various markets including EDP, medical, industrial, defence, transportation, POS and instrumentation and are the company recently credited for developing the 7" RPi display.
They are now looking for an enthusiastic and keen person to join our engineering team. Ideally we are looking for someone with quality (ISO 9001), hardware and embedded software experience / capabilities to strengthen our business development and engineering support services.
Job description and responsibilities:
1. RETURNS MANAGEMENT
a. Assist with initiation of procedure and checking returned goods when required
b. Record searching for background information and initial fault finding testing
c. Liaising with customers, suppliers, operations, sales and store as required
d. Filing and updating systems as required.
2. QUALITY MANAGEMENT
a. Assist with BS EN ISO9001:2015 NQA accreditation annually and at other times when required.
b. Management, reading, interpretation and implementation of external procedures and specifications
c. Preparation of quality procedures, undertaking quality audits and system policing
d. Responding to customer quality and product problems
3. TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND DESIGN
a. Customer technical support (phone, email, visits, reports) to customers, sales, operations and the store
b. Co-ordinating and responding to customer related RoHS/RoHS2/Conflict matters
c. Electronics design, testing and assembly work where required
d. Assist Sales Team with customers, understanding their requirements and offering value added solutions
e. Visit customers as required
f. Write and assist with technical tenders/proposals/quotations/drawings
g. Research, investigate and provide technical information for potential projects/sales
4. OTHER DUTIES
a. Any other reasonable tasks that may be required by the Company.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have a relevant qualification in Engineering (Electronics/Electrical) or related work experience in this field
2. Have reasonable technical knowledge of electronics to board level
3. Familiarity with various communication protocols and programming techniques (embedded programming skills preferred)
4. Understand electronic, electrical and quality terminology/parameters and key technologies used
5. Have good organisational and time management skills
6. Be a good communicator both written and verbal at all levels
7. Be capable of hands-on problem solving with the ability to generate ideas and solutions
8. Have strong proficiency with tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and CAD/CAM applications.
For more information on the role please send your CV via the CV library link and Phil will callyou to discuss in more detail