Full Job Description
Cogito is proud to be the Talent Partner of IVC Evidensia. We are very excited to be supporting the business as part of their accelerated growth plans and investment in their Finance Teams.
About the business:
IVC Evidensia is the leading global veterinary care provider with over 2,200 clinics, hospitals and out-of-hours centres based across 19 countries, and with revenues of over £1.3bn annually. IVC Evidensia operates a high growth model and continues to grow at a rapid pace. Due to the company's rapid expansion, the business are looking to further grow their Finance Team. A great time to join their period of rapid expansion and have a positive impact.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to produce accurate timing weekly and monthly end information. To proactively identify issues and opportunities to drive the profitability and efficiency of the function and Group, working closely with the UK CFO, the Operational teams and surgeries providing regular reporting.
The role is within the Finance Team in the Chocolate Factory (Keynsham) with a Hybrid Working Contract that allows for both office based and home working. Working hours are flexible between 8am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
IVC Evidensia will accept applications for both Fixed Term Contract of 12 months and Permanent.
The main responsibilities will be the Line Management of a team of three Assistant Commercial Finance Analysts, reconciling and consolidating information from a variety of sources.
* Production of month-end reporting delivered to deadline, supporting the team to ensure their deliverables are on time and to the required standard.
* Driving the profitability of the surgeries through detailed forensic analysis of all site profit and loss accounts to identify issues and opportunities, and drive through actions and resolutions.
* Ensuring that all key financial issues are highlighted and discussed with clear actions to resolve.
* To work with the Management Accounting team to deliver reports to the required standard and accuracy.
* To assist with the calculation of performance related bonuses for the surgeries.
* To assist with training surgeries on financial systems, reporting and techniques.
What we are looking for:
* Clear communication of complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
* Strong academically - educated to degree level and professional accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
* Must have previous commercial finance experience in a large company
* Must have analytical experience and the ability to turn financial data into useful Insights
* Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key
* Excellent IT skills including intermediate/advanced Excel.
* Strong attention to detail and able to deliver 'right-first-time' results quickly without getting lost in the detail
* A questioning mindset: this person should always be looking to challenge existing processes and systems to drive efficiency
* Comfortable working within a clinical environment and with varying stakeholder personalities where compassion is a requirement.
What you get in return:
IVC are proud of the diversity of the people within the business and do their utmost to ensure every member of the group feels happy and comfortable in their place of work. True to their values, they care about their employees and genuinely want their teams to have the best experience at work possible. With this in mind, here is what you can expect to receive in terms of benefits, whilst working for IVC Evidensia.
You will get a competitive Salary, 25 days holiday and your birthday off each year, your annual leave will also increase with length of service. You will work with friendly teams and a great office environment that allows us to bring our dogs to work. What's more you'll also benefit from supportive wellbeing programmes and a discount portal. We are development focussed and delighted to continue to support the ongoing professional and personal development plans for their teams. There are more benefits - to explore these, please visit IVC Evidensia website.
Please do not delay in submitting your application for this role. With some roles that are urgent or receiving high volume of applicants, we may interview and conclude the process prior to the closing date of the advertisement