Eden Scott is delighted to be working with The National Trust for Scotland, an independent charity set up in 1931 for the preservation and conservation of natural and human heritage that is significant to Scotland and the world. The Trust has become Scotland's largest membership organisation, they're supported by more than 320,000 members and are funded largely by donations and are a leader in conserving and promoting the nation's treasured places and collections so that they can be enjoyed by present and future generations.
The Customer and Cause team exists to inspire visits to their places across Scotland, grow membership and drive donations to support their work. Within the Customer and Cause team sits marketing, fundraising, communications, content and design and supporter care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust as Fundraising Manager (Individual Giving)
to help drive the National Trust for Scotland's ability to conserve Scotland's built, natural and cultural heritage in their care. This role can be home or hybrid based anywhere in Scotland.
Specific to this role, you will be responsible for Individual Giving, Community and Legacy Fundraising. This is a varied role with responsibility for; empowering their properties and supporter groups to raise funds; and delivering strategic leadership of mass market and legacy fundraising with potential and existing donors, regular givers and Lottery members.
Delivering strategic direction and management to ensure the delivery of Individual, Community and Legacy Giving, you will be responsible for growing +£5million income per year; ensuring vital funds for their charity's work and increasing awareness of their charity .
You will work as a senior member of the Fundraising Leadership team, shaping and delivering the departmental strategy and supporting the Head of Fundraising.Key responsibilities of the role:
Key skills and experience required:
- Provide strategic direction, budget responsibility and management of Individual Giving, Community and Legacy income streams with experience in digital, telephone fundraising and offline channels (including direct mail) with proven experience in expanding and delivering donor acquisition and driving engagement measures to reduce attrition and maximise income
- You will lead a high performing team and will be responsible for an expenditure budget of circa£700K with income targets of +£5million per year
- To increase income, you will lead the development and management of the Trust's legacy, community and individual giving programmes and activities. This includes cash appeals, general donations, online donations, payroll giving, regular giving, products, in memoriam giving and legacies, and will have experience of managing charity lottery acquisition and retention programmes.
- Manage and be responsible for the creative and copy for all Individual campaigns and work within house design team or external design agencies to realise campaigns. You will seek out innovative and agile approaches to working, adopting lean processes and using supporter data to drive performance and supporter experience.
- Working with the Fundraising Operations Manager you will ensure that production and distribution is cost effective and that campaign responses are managed in a complaint and efficient way
- You will play a leading role in defining strategic retention plans with supporting budgets, which will deliver the best supporter experience, and which reflect their ambitious plans, maximising retention, consent capture, upgrade and reactivation rates across individual giving, legacy giving and community fundraising.
- Lead the exploration, testing and development of new income streams and multi-channel approaches to increase fundraising, donations and supporter engagement, seeking alternative sustainable ways to generate committed income.
- You will have experience of managing individual giving solicitation and cultivation, from direct mail and online mass-market appeals to fundraising product development and implementation, to community and legacy marketing and stewardship strategic programming.
- You will have experience developing journeys and opportunities for existing and non-donors to support, ensuring alignment to a variety of audiences and motivations.
- Experience of leading on oversight of campaigns working with Governance and external fundraising bodies to ensure the highest standards of compliance and quality controls are in place to protect their charity's reputation.
- Experience of leading and implementing strategic supporter retention plans to optimise engagement, reduce attrition and drive up LTV.
- You will have experience in product development, implementation and growth ensuring opportunities to grow awareness of and engagement with their charity.
- You will have experience of improving processes and reporting to contribute to more effective operational performance.
- You will have experience and understanding of the potential of third-party agencies in their role of welcome, engagement and win-back strategies, building into plans and in managing third-party agencies, ensuring they meet contractual terms and reflect the values of their charity.
- You will be an experienced advocate for philanthropy, working with teams from across your organisation to represent Fundraising and influence support and action from colleagues.
- Strong working knowledge of fundraising regulation and standards, specifically in relation to public fundraising and of gambling commission legislation in relation to charity lotteries.
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £43,050 to £50,986 with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date is noon on Tuesday 17th May 2022