I am working with a Government Department based in Bristol who are looking for an experienced Assistant Head of Finance for 12 months.
The role is full time, to start ASAP and paying £433 Umbrella per day. the role is in scope of IR35.
You will be required to work in the office 1-2 days a week in Bristol.
THIS ROLE IS ONLY OPEN TO CANDIDATES WHO HOLD ACTIVE & CURRENT SC OR DV CLEARANCE. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CLEARANCE LEVEL AND EXPIRY DATE IS ON YOUR CV.
To support the Deputy Head of Finance in leading the Corporate Finance Team to deliver a broad range of financial services across the business and is responsible for the delivery of Financial Management within the department and for all reporting of financial information relating to Organisation. The post holder is also responsible for the provision of financial support and advice to Budget Holders and to the department's projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Financial management of the department's budget including in-year management and financial planning; accounting, financial and management reporting
* Provision of financial advice and support to the budget holders enabling the alignment of funding and outputs and the provision of financial advice on any policy/legislation proposals
* Financial scrutiny and approval of expenditure to ensure it is consistent with the overall aims of the organisation and department, within delegated authority.
* Support the continuous improvement of financial processes and exploitation of the tools available - Planning. Budgeting and Forecasting tool, COGNOS analytics and the Contract Purchasing & Finance tool to optimise the finance systems and processes and enhance the decision-making process
* Leadership and Line Management duties to include coaching team members to enable effective delivery of objectives and supporting individuals' personal development
* Assist Head of Finance in the development of professional and motivated finance function to meet current and future business needs
The individual filling this post needs to have the below experience:
* People/relationship focused
* Line Management experience
* Qualified by Recognised Accountancy Body
* Financial experience
* SC or DV Cleareance - active
* Excel skills - at least advanced enough to do Pivot tables.
* Have a proven track record in financial management and governance
* Be able to build and maintain strong, effective relationships across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
Please only apply for this role if you are an experienced Senior Finance specialist who holds current and active SC or DV Clearance.
CV Deadline: Monday 23rd May - 11.00am
Eden Brown Synergy is an equal opportunities employer