This newly-created role will be key in supporting the firm's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) focus with responsibility for leading and managing DEI programmes and initiatives in support of the firm's broader DEI strategy.
The role will be responsible for the development and delivery of initiatives to attract, retain and develop individuals from diverse backgrounds, and foster inclusive leadership.
You will help implement the Firm's global DEI strategy customized for specific offices including but not limited to the rollout of internal DEI learning curriculum, partnering with staff network groups, collaborating on various programmes with recruitment and professional development teams, responding to DEI surveys, and implementing other local DEI initiatives.
This role has a global remit covering our offices in London and Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul).
A career at Milbank means complex work, unique challenges and inspiring results. It also means real collaboration and a supportive environment where you'll learn and grow professionally and personally - and even have some fun along the way.
· Define, design and deliver appropriate DEI programmes and initiatives in support of the firm's overarching DEI strategy and goals, and the specific local needs of each office, using external resources where appropriate;
· Co-ordinate regular meetings of the London DEI Steering Committee, the DEI Committee, staff networks and other internal groups, and maintain regular contact with Diversity Champions in other offices;
· Work with staff networks/committees/Diversity Champions to co-ordinate regular meetings, promote membership and visibility, develop and implement annual programmes aligned with the broader DEI strategy and priorities, draft management updates, run programming and manage budgets;
· Monitor and ensure the delivery of agreed DEI objectives, tracking and reporting on progress, budget and deliverables;
· Contribute to the delivery of timely DEI communications both within the firm and externally (including social media);
· Collaborate with the London Graduate Recruitment on key initiatives to promote the pipeline of diverse candidates into the legal profession and applications to Milbank;
· Manage the DEI pages/content on the Intranet;
· Keep abreast of best practice and provide advice, guidance and support on DEI issues;
· Generate and implement ideas to support and mark notable dates, events and initiatives;
· Coordinate training on DEI topics and deliver DEI induction training for new hires;
· Manage and prepare responses to surveys, client requests and awards; and
· Ad hoc project work, as required e.g. benchmarking, research, change management projects
· Graduate calibre, with a minimum of five years' relevant work experience, ideally gained with a global organisation. Experience of professional services/legal sector is desirable;
· A proven track record of creating long-lasting cultural change through the delivery of effective DEI initiatives;
· An established professional network and profile within the DEI community;
· Experience of apprenticeship programmes would be helpful;
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the confidence and ability to influence at all levels, building effective working relationships and using personal networks;
· Very good attention to detail;
· Excellent communication (written and oral) skills, coupled with the ability to listen;
· Able to meet deadlines, prioritise and demonstrate strong organisational skills;
· Strong analytical and numerical skills;
· Strong IT skills, especially Word and Excel, and generally comfortable manipulating data;
· Resilient, self-motivated and proactive;
· Comfortable with change, eager to innovate and resolve problems;
· Team player, with a commitment to delivering an excellent service to colleagues;
· Full CIPD, Mental Health First Aid and/or a coaching qualification would be helpful.
About Milbank LLP:
Milbank LLP is an elite, international, law firm with over 850 lawyers and 190 partners, based in 12 offices. With over 150 lawyers based permanently in London, it is now the second largest office in the Firm and consists of one of the most talented groups of lawyers of any US law firm in London. We advise on large-scale, high-end, complex matters usually involving multiple jurisdictions across a wide range of legal practice areas including banking & finance, litigation, corporate, IT & outsourcing and tax.
Driven to deliver exceptional results for our clients, we push boundaries and challenge assumptions. That's been core to our ethos since our founding in 1866. It fuels how we work and define ourselves, and it informs our growth and evolution as a firm. We keep impressive company. Our clients are market leaders, global innovators and paradigm-shifting entrepreneurs that advance emerging industries. Surrounding ourselves by the best inspires and challenges us constantly to reimagine what's possible.
Our London office building is among the top 1% of sustainable office buildings in the United Kingdom. It is equipped with the latest technology and communal hubs to support our fully collegiate approach to working.
Our Hybrid Working Policy provides the option to work away from the office for up to 40% of your contractual hours.
The Firm reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the role at any time, in line with the needs of the business.
At Milbank LLP we are committed to treating all our people fairly and with dignity and respect. We recruit and develop our people based on their experience, abilities and qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, ethnicity, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Due to the high volume of CV's received, please assume that if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, that your application has been unsuccessful.