We are seeking a Grants Manager to take lead responsibility for individual grant programmes for a leading health charity at an exciting time of growth.
Position: Grants Manager
Location: Homebased with occasional travel to Warwick
Salary: £42,000 - £48,000 per annum
Hours: Full time - 35 hours
About the role:
As Grants Manager you will be responsible for managing a small team within a geographical portfolio reporting to the Senior Grants Manager/Head of Grants to leading the delivery of the grant making and grant management process, awarding funding to Member Charities.
In addition to line management, you will manage a more complex portfolio of grants, taking a relational approach to grant making and acting as a key contact point for internal and external stakeholders. You will take lead responsibility for individual grant programmes and ensure consistency in interpretation of programme criteria and assessments across the grants team engagement. The experience level of this post means that the role will hold higher responsibility in terms of delegated decision making and escalation of more complex issues across grants management functions and provide line management the Senior Grants Officers and coaching and support for team members.
The role is an integral part of the Grants Team which collectively delivers the grants programmes of the Charity to further the organisational impact strategy.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the ability to work at a strategic level, be excellent at building relationships and strong leadership and management skills.
You will also bring with you the following experience:
- Significant knowledge of grant making and grant programmes in excess of £1million
- Strong knowledge of grant making processes and systems, ideally gained from a variety of sources
- Strong experience of relational grant management
- Good understanding of the landscape of grant making, ideally within the voluntary sector, health sector or NHS
- Good experience of grant management systems, e.g. Salesforce
- Strong understanding of charities and charity governance
- Experience of monitoring, evaluation, and impact measurement
- Significant leadership and people management experience, could be gained through leading staff or volunteers.
- Strong reporting and analytical skills. Evidence of creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to assimilate information clearly and prepare appropriate, clear, and concise content.
- Strong presentation skills, confidence to deliver presentations, training, or grants + support
- Experience of co-production, collaboration and partnership working
- Self starter with ability to work remotely with a UK wide team
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Grants Manager, Grant Programmes Manager, Grants and Programmes Manager, Grant Scheme Manager, Charitable Grants Manager, Head of Grants Management, Grants Operation Lead, Grants Director, Trusts and Grants Manager, Senior Grants & Programmes Manager, Programme Funding Manager, etc.