SEMH Teaching Assistant - Stratford East London full time - 5 days a week
SENCare Recruitment are currently recruiting for an SEMH Teaching Assistant to work for a Specialist day school which is based in East Acton.
SENCare Recruitment is a niche recruitment agency that provides Special Educational Needs (SEN) professionals for SEN schools, mainstream schools, residential care homes and 1-1 home support through local authorities, across the UK. We offer short/long term placements on a temporary and permanent basis for specialist SEN teachers, teaching assistants, support workers, social workers, VI/HI practitioners and mid-day meal supervisors
Job title: SEMH Teaching Assistant
Start: 19th April 2022
Hours: 8:30-4:30pm - Mon Fri
The school caters for children aged 7-18 years old whose social, emotional or mental health needs or autism spectrum condition (ASC) has made it difficult for them to achieve success in a mainstream school.
The role will consist with doing 1:1 support for pupils within a classroom setting and also small groups of 3-4 pupils alongside the classroom teacher.
We are looking for potential candidates that have experience with children or young adults with social, emotional difficulties, mental health needs, behavioural difficulties or ADHD.
The ideal candidate will -
* Have at least 6 month experience with supporting pupils with social, emotional needs and mental health needs
* Have a clear DBS registered to the update service
* Be available Monday-Friday - 5 days a week
* Be restraint trained i.e Team Teach or Price training (Desirable)
* Be empathetic and calm natured
* Be academically strong with Literacy and Numeracy
Main duties -
* To work under the guidance of the SEMH Teacher in supporting individuals or small groups in targeted interventions
* Build and maintain positive relationships with the pupils
* 1:1 classroom support
* Managing challenging behaviour
* To assist with development and implementation of IEP's/Provision maps as appropriate
* To support pupils consistently with recognising and responding to their individual needs
* To encourage pupils to interact and work co operatively with others and engage all pupil in activities
* To determine the need for, prepare and maintain general and specialist and equipment and resources
* To be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the teacher, contributing to the review of systems/records as requested
If you feel this would be the ideal vacancy for you, then please apply below or contact our team direct and ask for Luke Bevan @ SENCare Recruitment.
SENCare Recruitment is fully committed to the safety and welfare of children, and by applying for this vacancy, you are consenting to SENCare Recruitment Ltd storing your personal details in line with the new GDPR regulations