Job Title: Campaign Manager, In Memory
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £37,452 to £39,452 gross per annum including London Weighting
At the Royal British Legion, we believe in building on potential. As a Campaign Manager your ability to manage and develop RBL's In Memory programme could have a real impact on people's lives.
At its heart, RBL is a people organisation. People who want to do the very best for others, while at the same time making the most of the opportunities and experiences we offer them.
We are the country's largest Armed Forces charity, with 210,000 members, 50,000 volunteers and a network of partners and charities; helping us give support wherever and whenever it's needed.
As a Campaign Manager, you will be responsible for the implementation of supporter strategy and supporter journeys, marketing and managing the In Memory programme, including the delivery of the annual RBL Fields of Remembrance campaign and events, to deliver significant net income to the charity.
You will oversee stewardship activity to RBL supporters, ensuring an excellent supporter experience, and maximising retention. You will also oversee all marketing activity aimed growing the number of In Memory donations given from within the existing RBL supporter database.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
· Plan and manage campaigns to RBL supporters end to end. Marketing channels include direct mail, email, telephone, SMS and supporter stewardship events
· Work with the Product Manager - Cash Giving to draft annual and campaign budgets for In Memory programme administration, development and supporter marketing
· Provide campaign briefings to supporter care teams and other supporter facing representatives as required. Be responsible for briefing data selections for direct marketing activity, including all segmentation and prompting strategies
· Responsible for the line management of a Campaign Co-ordinator, overseeing their day to-day tasks and ensuring that all allocated duties are carried out in an organised and timely manner
· Build effective relationships with partner/supplier organisations, managing service delivery to agreed standards and contributing to supplier performance reviews, and contract management as required
· To ensure that all activities conform to the Fundraising Regulator's code of practice, data protection regulations and all other relevant industry regulations
The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering marketing strategies and supporter journeys. Significant direct marketing technical experience and skills are essential, consisting of both offline and online communications. Experience of leading, managing, motivating and inspiring a team with a focus on delivering performance excellence is also essential. Knowledge of In Memory products is ideal but not essential. Experience of planning and organising events would also be ideal but not essential.
This role will involve hybrid working, travelling on some days each week to our Head Office in Borough, London SE1 1AA, and working from home on other days.
About the Royal British Legion - Careers in Fundraising
Across the country, in every city and on every street, the RBL is there to support our Armed Forces community
With over 200 employees, our Fundraising teams form an important part of this pack. Their passion and collaboration bring in millions of pounds every year. Money that goes on to improve and change the lives of this community.
It's this mission, this scale, this challenge and the values we all live by, that makes the RBL such a fulfilling place to thrive.
As a directorate we commit to ensuring our supporters feel valued, and driven to deliver fundraising that is effective, agile and sector leading. We do this by putting supporters at the heart of everything we do, and by embedding a learning culture in our teams where process improvement and innovation are embraced and celebrated.
So, if you want to give your days meaning. To put your passion into a role with real impact. To support people and be supported yourself. In an inclusive team that faces every challenge together. Whatever your interests and ambitions, we think you'll find a role here that works for you, with career opportunities right across the UK.
We believe that the compassion, understanding and service we show each, and every individual customer should be reflected in the way we all support, respect and include every individual who works with us.
It's because of this that we have strived hard to create a One Legion culture that we can all feel part of and succeed in. It's why we make sure that you have the opportunities you need to learn and develop. It's why we're invested in making RBL a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone can be themselves. It's why you're welcome, whoever you might be.
It's why we welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
How to Apply
Please click "Apply on line""
Closing date for this role is: Sunday 5th June 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply fo