Teaching Assistant - Lewisham
Have you worked with young children in an education setting, preferably a Primary School?
Are you now looking for a new role where you can work in a Primary School as a Teaching Assistant?
A Primary School in Lewisham are looking to hire a Teaching Assistant that has a genuine passion to working with young children and making a positive impact in their lives. If this is something that you're interested in, please read the below and apply with your most up to date CV as soon as possible.
Teaching Assistant - The Primary School:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dedicated team of professionals in a lovely two-form entry Primary School in the London Borough of Lewisham. This particular school are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support the learning journey of all children within a mainstream class. The ideal teaching professional will have reliable knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning and be passionate about joining their family friendly staff team.
Some of the responsibilities will consist of working alongside the class teacher and supporting small groups of children. This Primary School in Lewisham is a two-from entry school where they have free parking and easy transport links situated near the school.
Having suitable Primary School experience will help to further support your application. However, experience working with children in an education setting is highly considered. This position is perfect for someone who is pro-active, enthusiastic and can use their initiative when needed.
The successful Teaching Assistant must have:
* Experience working with Primary School children
* Strong team skills - be able to follow directions, use initiative and communicate clearly
* Reliable knowledge of Special Educational Needs (SEN)
* Exceptional practice and be committed to promoting high standards in learning
* Be able to start ASAP/September 2022
* A clear DBS
Main Responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant:
* Working as a Teaching Assistant within mainstream classes
* Being proactive - working alongside the Class Teacher
* Supporting small groups of children
* Conducting fun and engaging lessons/activities
* Supporting and encouraging pupils in their schoolwork
* Liaising with the school SENCO
Teaching Assistant - Additional information:
* Monday - Friday
* ASAP/September 2022 start
* £85-£90 per day
* Long term / permanent contract
* Primary School in Lewisham
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT:
If this Teaching Assistant role sounds like something you're interested in, please click 'Apply' and upload your most up to date CV. Trial days and interviews will be taking place as soon as possible.
You must have a DBS to apply for this Teaching Assistant role, if you do not have a relevant DBS, Tempest Education can apply one for you. For more information, please visit our website or contact a consultant