Behaviour Mentor - Islington
Are you a positive role model who can work with pupils who find it difficult to cope in a mainstream primary school?
Would you like a challenging yet rewarding role in a local primary school?
In Reach Recruitment is looking for an individual who can inspire the next generation of pupils. We are looking for someone who has experience in sports coaching, mentoring, or youth work and has supported primary-aged children.
If successful, you will work with pupils on a 1:1 basis, mainly in the upper part of the school (KS2) who have a range of needs such as ADHD, ASC, and SEMH difficulties. Every day will be different, and you will need to be able to work closely with other members of staff to ensure you get the best out of pupils.
We are currently working with a Primary School in Islington who would like to secure a new member of staff to support pupils from September. The School has fantastic facilities, an enthusiastic team, and welcomes new members of staff who join. You will be given the flexibility to support individuals in and outside of the classroom setting.
Pupils may work to a tailored timetable and use sport/music etc as a reward system. It is highly desirable if you have experience or an interest in an extra-curricular activity that you can use as a tool to motivate pupils.
* Mentoring, coaching, childcare, or similar experience (min 3 months)
* Knowledge of ADHD, ASC, SEMH difficulties
* Strong behaviour management, confident, and a patient individual
* Degree qualified or completed courses related to education
* Available full-time from September and can commit for at least an academic year
* Live locally to Islington and passionate about making a difference
* Keen interest in sports, music, and/or other extra curriculum activities (desirable)
* DBS on the update service or willing to complete asap
* Happy to work initially through In Reach with the option of continuing permanently
You will be provided support and guidance throughout the process. Especially if you have not worked in a school setting before. We welcome applicants who are experienced mentors or individuals who would like to kick start their career within the education sector.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please apply via the link and a member of the In Reach team will be in touch to discuss the next steps