Legal Director - London/Hybrid
My client is a very disruptive company that is combining alternate legal services with tech driven automation and standardisation. They are a unique design-driven legal consultancy dedicated to helping in-house Legal teams optimise their legal function through a combination of legal design, operations and managed services support.
Since their inception they've worked with some of the most innovative companies in the world and spearheaded game-changing industry-wide initiatives.The Opportunity
We're looking for an exceptional Legal Director to lead the charge during our next phase of growth.
Heading up our London-based legal team, you will report directly to the CEO. You'll be responsible for leading our talented team, overseeing all of our projects and owning and managing all of our client relationships.
This role offers a unique opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to gain exposure to an enviable client list as well as the skills needed to really shape and grow a business. It also offers the chance for the right candidate to create and build out a function autonomously and firmly establish themselves as a leader in 'new law'.
As Legal Director, you will:
- Own all client relationships and be responsible for the ongoing success of these client relationships
- Project manage and oversee all managed services, legal design and legal operations consultancy projects, ensuring work is delivered on time and within budget
- Create, lead and deliver a growth and continuous improvement strategy for the Legal team and our service offerings
- Support the team with escalations on contract and data protection matters
- Foster a positive working environment and be responsible for the team's professional and personal development
- Be a brand ambassador as one of the leading faces of the business
We're looking for a Legal Director who can display the below skills & experience throughout our interview process:
- 6+ years' PQE
- Right to work in the UK
- Fluent English language skills, both written and oral
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of being client facing and managing and/or delivering projects, whether internally or for clients
- Significant experience in reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts and data privacy law
- Keen interest and/or direct experience in legal operations and legal innovation
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to take a pragmatic, customer-centric approach
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, always looking for better ways of working and thinking outside the box
- Tech literate and comfortable with learning new systems and ways of working
- Openness, enthusiasm, growth mindset, a strong team player with a can-do attitude
Montresor Legal are an equal opportunities agency, all applications will be considered on the basis that the basic role requirements have been met.