Contracts Manager, xScale, Commercial Transactions, EMEA
Contracts Manager, xScale, Commercial Transactions, EMEA
Who are we?
Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the world's digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today's businesses to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
Our global legal team may span 5 continents, but we are One Legal - a truly cohesive global team, working together across borders in support of shared strategic objectives. We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments - both professional and personal - with a healthy dose of fun thrown in along the way. We look forward to coming to work each day to support Equinix and each other and highly value the team first culture we have created.
Equinix's One Legal team comprises valued business partners with a reputation for being responsive, consistent and proactive. We take customer service seriously and strive for excellence in execution. Equinix's steep growth trajectory keeps us on our toes and constantly learning. Strong relationships with our internal clients, fueled by our solution-driven orientation and creative, practical advice get us invited to the table early and often and lead to interesting and rewarding work directly in support of Equinix's corporate strategy. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create "The Magic of Equinix". We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do. At Equinix, we are proud to be recognized as one of the Top 100 Places to Work for 2021 by Glassdoor, Fortune's 2021 "Most Admired Companies" (February 2021), FairyGodBoss "Best Company where CEOs support Gender Diversity" (October 2020) and Human Rights Campaign's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (January 2021).
Equinix is seeking a candidate to fill this new role. This candidate will primarily be responsible for providing support to our hyperscale business globally. This role will advise the business in alignment with our commercial, corporate and strategic objectives, and risk profile, in a manner that supports the business objectives for the global business.
- Handles pre- and post- signing contract interaction with stakeholders and customers, non-standard language on Equinix template contracts and other Customer requests, to ensure that the contracts accurately reflect Equinix's position and are approved for Sales in a timely manner including where required working with the negotiation team;
- In support of team and other senior legal counsels, working on complex to highly complex contracts for the xScale business. In addition from time to time may handle other work including the review, revision and resolution of customer contracts, utilizing personal legal acumen and discretion, to ensure contracts properly protect Equinix and are approved for Sales or other business departments;
- In support of the primary negotiator, responsible for coordinating, obtaining and recording all proper business approvals needed for contract execution/process for contracts;
- Leads calls and efforts in support of Sales to resolve pre- and post-signature customer issues and liaises with various internal departments;
- Provides risk assessment, legal advice and contract interpretation guidance to all Equinix business units (e.g., Sales, Operations, Finance, product management, and insurance);
- Conducts additional contract research and interpretation, and, together with other Commercial Transactions team members' research findings, provides guidance on day-to-day issues, including transactional and non-transactional matters;
- Completes analysis of and, if based on Contracts Managers initial analysis, provides final decisions and draft on Customer requests for information on documents and agreements from Bid Management team and provides additional advice and strategies where required.
Customer Lifecycle Management Tasks
- Prioritizes work, based on deal size and complexity, against bandwidth dedicated to other deals, regional projects or initiatives, as well as personal development tasks.
- Consistently coordinates prioritization strategies with Senior Director or as directed.
- Leads effort for regional team on identifying customer contracts, negotiations, and customer interactions which do not comply with Equinix policies, processes, and procedures and escalates to appropriate party so they may address non-compliance.
- Acting as an ambassador on behalf of the wider team in use of the contract management system and knowledge repositories, as well as sales support and sales team members.
- Act as a main point of contact for communication about contract status and issues to management and Sales.
Customer Contracts Administration
- Responsible for liaising with customer representatives or sales to resolve any issues or disputes and on any other customer contract related issues as may arise or be assigned by Senior Director. To coordinate all efforts with the Senior Legal Counsel or others as assigned by Senior Director.
- Leads occasional audit and reconciliation projects for Finance, Operations and other Legal departments.
- Collaborates and supports the Senior Legal Counsel and Senior Director on tasks such as discovery support, litigation assistance and project-based initiatives including reviewing and revisions on Product Descriptions.
- Champions contract policy and procedure revision and improvement, by contributing suggested revisions to the templates or pre-approved modifications;
- Proactively searches for and publicly highlights with senior management opportunities to streamline processes regarding the development, negotiation, and execution of commercial contracts;
- Professional development should include keeping pace with internal and external changes and evolutions in contract drafting and contract management market, and industry trends, as well as legal and regulatory developments and requirements;
- Stays informed on the then current Equinix business objectives and corporate initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years related training, or equivalent combination of education/training and experience preferred
- 5+ years' experience in related field preferred
- Located in London or Amsterdam preferred.
- Location: London
- Type: Full time