Job description Location: Offices in Cambridge & Bristol (hybrid working) Hours of work: 40 hours per week Length: Full-time / Permanent Job Reference: FPP/ MLE2 Salary: £40,000-£60,000 The Opportunity:
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer/ Data Scientist who is excited by complexity and diversity, and who is keen to build this into the next generation of navigation algorithms. You will join our Machine Learning and Data Science team, where you will drive development of a pedestrian motion database and help generate machine learning (ML) models. Successful models must account for the diversity of pedestrian motion in the general population, and creation relies upon combining the skills of domain experts in traditional pedestrian navigation methods and modern data-driven machine-learning techniques. You will therefore have the opportunity to work closely with engineers from across the business to deliver integrated solutions. Key Responsibilities
- Take technical ownership (under the supervision of senior/ principal scientists) of the machine learning motion database
- Undertake research work, developing predictive motion models to understand important pedestrian behaviours.
- Work on individual and team projects with guidance from senior engineers
- Regular reporting on the progress of R&D projects
- Collaborate with project management to design a data collection plan
- Work closely with data collectors to ensure a robust and easy to use data labelling system. Job requirements
- Professional/ research experience in data science
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing machine learning models
- Experience developing basic UI interfaces
- Experience mentoring graduates
- Experience in motion context recognition or pedestrian dead reckoning
- Knowledge of signal processing and navigation methods
- Knowledge of modern smart-device scripting/ programming languages (e.g. Swift/ Dart)
- Stack: git, bash/ zsh/ other, Python ML framework (tensorflow/ Pytorch/ other), MATLAB, C++, Python C API
Your Development and Perks
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
Our generous benefits package includes the following
- 8% company contribution pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Extra annual leave between Christmas - New Year's
- Additional annual leave based on your length of service
- Paid professional memberships and career development through our personalised framework
- One-off Work From Home allowance to help you create a comfortable working from home environment
- Access to our company-owned equipment list allowing you to choose your own hardware
- Company-wide social events and team lunches
- Company Options Scheme*
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Vitality Health Core Package private healthcare (also includes mental health cover, employee assistance programme, dental, hearing and optical cover, and more)
*Company Options are not offered as part of the package. You may be offered them throughout your employment.
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do and our successes are achievements driven by our employees. We stand by our values of:
- Working with integrity
- Setting the standards that others will follow
- Being trailblazers in the industry
We thrive on building a global organisation that is truly focussed on growing an inclusive culture where staff feel supported and empowered to achieve their full potential. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world and ensure fairness, and equality is at the top of our agenda.
Our vision is to improve every positioning solution
We believe that GNSS is one of the marvels of the modern world. Over a trillion dollars of the US economy and over 800 billion euros of the European economy currently depends on this incredible positioning and timing system. However, the sensitivity and accuracy of current receivers fail the levels of performance 21st century businesses and individuals demand. Our revolutionary technologies transform the capability of all GNSS systems worldwide.