Pay Rate: £12.03 per hour
Benefits: 24 Days plus agency workers package
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supporting Blue Light sector organisations with their recruitment services
We have available a two year agency contract based in Devizes for a HOLMES Reader/Receiver.
Following the Novichok poisonings in Salisbury and Amesbury in 2018, a Public Inquiry has been established by the Home Secretary to investigate the death of Dawn Sturgess, who died following exposure to the nerve agent.
Public inquiries play a prominent part in public life in the United Kingdom to establish facts, restore public confidence and to determine accountability.
As a HOLMES Reader/Receiver based in the public inquiry team you will use the HOLMES Computer system to ensure all lines of enquiry have been pursued to a satisfactory conclusion.
To provide the support and resources this inquiry needs, RSR Police is working with Wiltshire Police to identify interest in this position
RSR offers a highly developed worker welfare package. We will provide pre deployment HOLMES refresher training and help you maintain your CPD throughout your engagement with us.
• In the Receiving role read and identify initial lines of enquiry in line with the Senior Investigating
• Assess all material entering the Major Incident Room identifying urgent actions, and making decisions on fast track material.
• Reviewing all material (statements, documents, interviews etc.) submitted to the Major Incident Room (MIR), identifying lines of enquiry and raising actions to further the investigation.
• Use of HOLMES
• Use of Cloud-based HOLMES
• Experience of working in a police service investigation environment or similar e.g. Police Force, Customs & Excise, DHSS Fraud
• Experience of utilizing different forms of software packages
• Experience in handling confidential information
• Evidence of previous reader/receiver roles
• Experience of working under pressurised time constraint conditions
• Experience of Action Management
• Competent in the use of HOLMES
• Methodical approach to work
• A good aptitude, ability and familiarity with computer systems in order to utilize them in the gathering of information
• Ability to analyse, evaluate and interpret information
• Enquiring and investigative mind
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to competently manage a HOLMES account
• Undertake and complete schedule preparation to appropriate standards and make considered decisions on own initiative within guidelines and procedures
• Confidence and knowledge of Public Inquiry procedures
• Ability to address all matters in relation to disclosure as legally required
• Ability to use relevant IT systems
• The ability to identify evidential requirement and attention to detail and accuracy
• HOLMES Training
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now by sending your CV to Debbie.Lambe@rsg.ltd
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer