What is the Global RFP Content Team responsible for?
The Global RFP Content Team is a group of asset class specialists and content writers with responsibility for driving quality of RFP/DDQ content. Team members have two key responsibilities:
What are the Asset Class Specialist/Content Writing Manager key responsibilities?
- Lead the process of sourcing, writing, editing, and maintaining standard responses held in the Global RFP/DDQ content library. The team works closely with business partners and Subject Matter Experts across the firm to develop and maintain high-quality, compelling centralized language that conveys consistent messaging and a strong competitive advantage.
- Act as internal Subject Matter Expert for all investment products. This involves reviewing RFPs and DDQs for accuracy, completeness, and consistency and acting as a primary point of contact for Asset Class Specialists and content writers where questions are identified that may require new or revised product-related content.
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- The Manager of the Asset Class Specialist/Content Writing and Management team is a management position responsible for story development, content creation and maintenance of product and strategy content used in preparing RFPs, DDQs, and other documents for prospective and existing clients globally.
- Supports the firm across all businesses in an effort to significantly increase and/or retain assets under management.
- Oversee a pool of experienced writing professionals who create new content, edit standard responses and customize responses.
- Responsible for establishing the content development strategy on an annual basis, combining the right internal and external experts to create/develop new story, messaging and firm/investment/product/servicing capability content.
- Partner extensively with other key departments, including Distribution, Product Management, Marketing, Performance, Legal, Compliance, etc., in order to design and enrich the firm's abilities to effectively respond to new business opportunities and address Client, Consultant, and Intermediary's due diligence questions.
- Partner and collaborate with strategic content developers across Sustainability, DNI, Fund Administration, Product Marketing, Corporate Communications, and Local Marketing to ensure consistency in story and messaging across multiple touch points.
- Be co-responsible with internal Technology partners for guiding the maintenance and management of the content technology platform and the vendor relationships.
- Establish annual content development strategy and execution plan leveraging dedicated writers, regional product specialists and outside experts, e.g., content buildout for new products and firm capabilities, and existing content enrichment efforts.
- Work with business leaders to align content development efforts with firm's strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Work with business leaders to prioritize content categories that need to be customized for regional client and local nuances.
- Conduct product-level audits on a regular basis to ensure story and message are relevant and accurate, and that gaps for business pitches or responding to intermediary client needs are addressed.
- Lead and manage a team of marketing writers on a day-to-day basis, acting as a positive role model.
- Collaborate with Global RFP & DDQ Services management to assess and develop future staffing model of content team.
- Drive more automation into our content management capabilities. Be responsible for ensuring we have a strategy and plan for the technology to store and reuse content (within and outside of Qvidian & Loopio). Participate in groupwide programs involving content automation and industry standardization (e.g., DOOR).
- Significant experience/interest in investment/financial writing
- Deep experience in sourcing and managing written content, and especially in building relationships with information providers (Subject Matter Experts) to extract relevant and timely material.
- Well established people management experience, including leading other senior professionals in a multi-site or global environment.
- Bachelors Degree in a finance or writing discipline preferred.
- Significant asset management experience, preferably in a multi-site or global environment. Additional general financial services experience is highly desirable.
- Understanding and experience of the formal RFP and DDQ processes, including clients' and consultants' evaluation processes
- Strong knowledge of Investment/Asset management product range, across equity, fixed income, real estate and alternatives (or experience/education to develop this knowledge quickly).
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets, ideally across multiple distribution channels and regions/countries.
- Proficient with statistical information, able to understand data and utilize to provide evidence in support of written statements.
- Excellent research and analysis skills, tenacious in following issues to a successful conclusion.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (to include above-average writing, editing and proofreading skills).
- Flexible and adaptable, with demonstrated ability to consistently excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent project management and organization skills, and able to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and the RFP KnowledgeBase (Qvidian/Loopio).