N-able is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Due to exceptional ongoing growth, N-able is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for our Dundee team to join us on our journey. Our vision is to enable the digital evolution of small and medium size businesses. We believe that by putting our People, Partners and Products first that we will be able to drive our business to exceptional growth. Responsibilities
What you'll do:
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in a distributed cross functional software development team towards ever higher performance, quality and innovation
- Use Agile best practices to reliably and predictably meet the goals of the development team and N-able.
- Identify, hire, and develop team members with the attitude and skills to be part of a high performing development team.
- Promote confident and effective technical leadership and reward engineering best practices in the team.
- Lead feature refinement, dependency mapping and design discussions.
- Work hand in hand with product managers, UX analysts and architects to match software solutions to business needs and deliver compelling features our users love.
- Partner with DevOps teams to guarantee seamless product stability, reliability and performance.
- Communicate with other engineering teams, leaders and stakeholders to shout about our successes and share the lessons from our failures.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of success in a similar role.
- Previous experience as a Developer or QA in an Agile software development team.
- Proficiency in fundamental areas of software development both theoretical and practical.
- Demonstrable focus on building secure software.
- Proven experience in navigating constant change in a fast-moving organisation.
- First rate communication skills and the ability to talk engineering to business and business to engineering.
- Hand on understanding of Continuous Integration/Delivery.
- Familiarity with the opportunities and risks of cloud-based systems.
What will make you stand out:
- Experience building and supporting large-scale SaaS systems.
- Familiarity with planning complex projects with multiple team dependencies.
- History of successful delivery using SAFe.
- Deep knowledge of AWS products and features.
- Strong record of delivering container-based software solutions.
What we offer:
- A flexible hybrid approach to working from home/office
- Total commitment to providing an inclusive and supportive working environment
- 33 days annual leave plus paid voluntary days
- A culture that encourages personal growth and ongoing learning
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance 4 X base salary and an employee assistance programme
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Matched pension contribution scheme