Job function : Marketing and digitalMain location : UK & Ireland-United Kingdom-West Midlands-BirminghamSchedule : Full-timeWorking pattern : StandardSalary : competitive with great benefitsClosing date : Ongoing
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we've got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you're welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team's deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you'll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.About this role
In this job, you'll be accountable for using Data science techniques to measure performance and influence change. You'll be working closely with other teams in Digital, Commercial and Marketing to successfully apply and quantify these data techniques.
The role holder will mine and analyse big data sets using data science techniques, and deliver appropriate outcomes for the business, whether analysis, modelling and/or recommendations. Also, it is expected from you to be able to explain your output clearly to all levels of the business, whereas coaching a team of data science professionals as well as managing the backlog of work and prioritise resource accordingly and keep your stakeholders engaged and informed.You'll have the following responsibilities
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Inputting into the Data Science strategy for BT Consumer.
- Line managing a team of data science professionals.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to your team and wider data science chapter.
- Work as part of an agile squad, providing data science expertise to help further business objectives.
- Manage the team backlog and prioritise the workstack.
- Extracting and manipulating large datasets in both cloud and on premise systems.
- Using exploratory analysis methodologies to identify patterns and trends (clustering, PCA, regression, significance testing)
- Working with both classical and deep learning algorithms.
- Developing, deploying and monitoring predictive models.
- Writing clean well documented code, with appropriate testing in place.
- Communicating data science using non-technical language and exciting visualisations to influence change.
- Working across a range of projects such as customer propensity modelling, audience segmentation, customer journey analytics, attribution, marketing and customer base campaign analytics and recommender systems.
- Executes experiments to quantify the performance of algorithms in both digital and physical domains and test business hypotheses.
- Strategic thinking and planning; driving efficient ways of working and operating model
- Making the difficult, simple to clearly communicate latest data and reports to all levels of the organisation.
- High degree of expertise in data science technologies and ways of working
- A clear understanding of the benefits of leveraging AI for business benefit
- Advanced communication skills, being able to translate complex analysis into the language of business.
Experience it is expected to have;
- Skills in Python and SQL
- Hands on experience using big data technologies (spark, apache beam)
- Experience working in AWS or GCP
- Background in analytics and statistics
- Experience with supervised and non supervised learning
- Experience using pytorch or tensorflow particularly desirable
- Reinforcement learning experience not required but highly desirable
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We're a brand built on connecting people - whether that's friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you'll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but - more than that - you'll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted BT products
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We're working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be - so, if you're selected for an interview, please let us know if there's any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.About BT
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!