Digital Project Manager - Bernadette from VCCPTHE BIG PICTURE:
The VCCP Partnership as a whole is an integrated communications agency set up in 2002 by Charles (V), Rooney (C), Adrian (C) and Ian (P), who founded the agency on the principles of simplicity, collaboration, un-preciousness and integration around ideas rather than channels. Their founding client was BT Cellnet, now more commonly known as O2 and the most awarded brand in IPA effectiveness history.
Bernadette is the experience arm of the VCCP Partnership. We invent, make and iterate products and services for our clients across all areas of their digital eco-system.
We are 100 strong and are full service within our own right. We have specialists across UX, Design and Motion, Technology & Engineering, Content and Comms, Project Management, Data, Strategy (experience & comms) and Ops. All dedicated to creating customer experiences worth talking about.What we are looking for...
The Project Management team is 25 strong and integral to delivering great work across the agency. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team who thrives on learning, developing and inputting into projects and teams, not just "managing" them. You will have the ability to apply your experience and skills to different project types from integrated campaign production to platform development, adapting approaches and ways of working to suit the project requirements and overall context.
In addition to project management, you will work closely with the Project Directors and Digital leadership team to ensure the team is supported to follow best practice and deliver world-class work.
To succeed, you must be creative and technical, strategic and executional, artistic and scientific. You excel at the opposite ends of the spectrum and find a middle ground without descending into mediocrity. You must exercise control of your projects yet allow freedom of ideas to thrive. You understand the whole picture but live deep in the detail. Left-brained and right-brained, you are comfortable jumping between conceptual thinking and pragmatic realism in the blink of an eye. However, you are not alone. You will be part of a well-structured, supportive and industry-leading team, within which we aim to provide you with every opportunity to learn, grow and advance your career.Core attributes include...
- Confident in managing large and complex digital projects with large project teams.
- Helpful, flexible and resourceful, yet delivery focused
- Strong commercial awareness
- Reliable and responsible
- Diplomatic approach to all situations, when working with a wide range of stakeholders including clients, IT and 3rd party partners
- An excellent communicator with strong team management skills
- Calm, positive and optimistic even when under pressure
- Experience working in fast-paced environments
- Strives to learn, grow and to expand experience.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of a high profile and exciting digital projects from conception through delivery within the projected time frames.
- Developing work plans, timelines and budget estimates, ensuring that development proceeds smoothly, efficiently and to a defined process.
- Facilitating technical, design, creative, and strategic team members to execute the project within the spirit and specifications outlined by the client.
- Writing and maintaining project documentation such as Statements of Work, project plans, risk registers, burn reports.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Regularly reporting to the relevant clients and internally on the status of assigned projects.
- Ensuring the project meets or exceeds budgeted financial objectives, including revenue and margin.
- Ensuring that project risks have been identified and risk management mitigation is undertaken
- Working with the Ops Team to assign and direct appropriate resources
What we can offer...
- 4+ years experience in the digital industry.
- Experience scoping, briefing, documenting, timeline management, risk mitigation, change management, and delivery for large projects
- Experience in managing the delivery of high-volume traffic, consumer facing websites & platforms (e.g. e-commerce, rewards, or transactional systems)
- Familiarity with processes around projects involving large infrastructure configuration & deployments where data and infrastructure security are key considerations
- Experience in managing a team that uses automated testing & deployment pipelines
- Ability to work with Strategy, data, UX and design and technical teams to deliver high quality work
- Experience in Agile / Iterative based processes whilst working towards fixed goals & deadlines.
- Qualifications, such as Scrum Master or PMP, and/or experience in managing Agile projects are looked on favourably.
- Preferred experience working in fast-paced digital agencies
The chance to join a dynamic, forward-thinking and success-hungry agency, with a fantastic history of creating great client work that works. We have a generous benefits package including private healthcare and enhanced maternity / paternity scheme. We are currently working to a hybrid set up so some working from home, some working from the office.