My client is looking for a Project Manager to join the team and to be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation and execution of projects across the groups project portfolios. The Project Manager will take accountability for the definition of project objectives and oversee quality/budget controls during the full project life cycle.
This role would suit a Project Manager with demonstrable experience of delivering both tactical change/IT initiatives to the business/client.
- The Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating AGILE project teams across the group.
- Achieve a high level of performance and quality within the Project Manager role, and deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to our customers.
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management along with adhering to principles.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities and track against Jira sprint planning boards.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately reviewed with project stakeholders as part of the project lifecycle.
- Works closely with relevant project stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Manage the project team (BA/SME/Internal/3rd party internal/external technical resource pools) to define and document project scope/deliverables.
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders; defect tracking; release management; anticipates and reacts to change in line with business demand.
- Responsible for producing sprint retrospective outputs to identify what was liked, learned or lacked during sprint delivery as to safeguarding continuous sprint improvement is achieved.
Experience & Skills
- A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies
- A Project Manager with experience in managing medium/large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams (both on/off shore)
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. Ideally Scrum Master certified.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate Agile Project Management Tools such as (Jira/Confluence etc) along with all Microsoft Office Suite Tools.
- Distinct track record in a similar role within an SME, experience of working within the FS sector would be advantageous but not essential.
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management principles.
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Proven ability to help customers and operations team prioritise projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively with key stakeholders & project accountable leads.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including executive level.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view.
- An individual whom is highly driven/motivated with the ambition to succeed within an extremely fast paced change environment.
- A person with excellent planning/organisation skills, with the capacity to work within a team, able to delegate, influence and or lead others during project delivery.
- A strong decision-maker with strong negotiation and conflict management skills is a key requirement.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.