Service Desk Manager
Meyer Scott Ref: VR/08482
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Location: Huntingdon / Hybrid
Our client is a leading solution provider to the Police, Criminal Justice, Emergency Services and Critical Responder sectors across the world; helping to realise benefits through technology-enabled Digital Transformation.
They are looking for a Service Desk Manager to join their team. This position is based in Huntingdon.Purpose of the role:
Providing leadership and management of a team of support analysts providing 1st , 2nd and 3rd Line Application support to their customer base, ensuring that the ongoing service delivery and support meet agreed customer requirements and to the highest quality. Working with business relationship management (BRM) to understand and translate customer requirements into activities, measures or service components that will ensure that the business can meet those requirements.
- Ensuring consistent and appropriate communication with customers for service-related enquiries and issues.
- Assisting in defining service models and in assessing the impact of new services or changes to existing services.
- Identifying opportunities for service improvements.
- Liaising with the appropriate process owners throughout the service lifecycle (Major Incident, Knowledge Management etc).
- Soliciting required data, statistics, and reports for analysis and to facilitate effective service monitoring and performance.
- Providing Service Reports to Customers and Senior Management for review
- Providing input in service attributes such as performance, availability etc.
- Providing the interface between the service analysts and development and database teams
- Serving as the point of escalation (notification) for major incidents and complaints relating to the service.
- Representing the service in CAB meetings.
- Participating in internal service review meetings (within the business).
- Participating in external service review meetings (with the customers).
- Participating in negotiating SLAs and OLAs relating to the service.
- Own the Service Improvement Process for the Service Operation.
- Customer service skills, Service Desk Management experience, extensive ITIL knowledge and understanding, ISO (phone number removed) / ISO9001 awareness
- Awareness of the business priorities, objectives and business drivers and the role Customer Service Support Desk plays in enabling these.
- Management skills - both from a people management perspective and from the overall control of process.
- Experience of managing team performance to agreed operational targets and KPI's.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships across departments.
- Excellent team management and leadership skills.
- Strong client facing experience. Attention to detail and strong planning.
- Experienced in ITSM Tools - JIRA would be very advantageous
- Experience of Application Support and development specifically, experience of ERP Systems (HR / Payroll / Finance / Rostering) will be an advantage
- Basic Project Management and knowledge of Agile Development is desirable.
Why work for them:
They aim to offer an inclusive and great place to work. They are passionate about building diverse teams and celebrating individuality. They love seeing their people grow and develop their careers and in return we reward talent with competitive salaries and great benefits.When you choose a career with them you also get access to a wide range of excellent, highly competitive benefits such as:
- Career progression
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Flexible/Hybrid working (including working from home where the job allows)
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
: 9 - 5pm, contributory pension, and flex benefits scheme. Benefits explained at interview.