The Business & Opportunity:
Fantastic opportunity to for an Accounts Manager to join a renowned and established York based business operating within the hospitality and leisure industry. Being part of a wider global group, future progression opportunities also exist for an ambitious candidate.
Reporting to both the Group Financial Controller and Commercial Director, you will play a key role in the finance function for their conference and events business, primarily creating timely and accurate invoices to clients, keeping track of and recording receipts, processing supplier invoices and facilitating cash requirements. Your key accountabilities will include....
* Manage and Coach the Accounts Assistant.
* Liaise with other Departments, building relationships with relevant customers to facilitate collection of overdue debts, ensuring prompt payment of invoices.
* Oversee all elements of the cashiering function, ensuring records are kept up to date.
* Conduct weekly safe counts and regular review of cashbook reconciliations.
* Input all supplier invoices, ensuring sufficient authorisation is obtained to allow payment.
* Meet deadlines set by head office for monthly completion of cashbook, sales and purchase invoice processing.
* Allocate cash received in bank to customer in sales ledger and maintain accurate recording of receipts.
* Ensure records are consistent between the CRM and accounting system.
* Generate and send customer statements, and ensure staff timesheets are passed to head office on a weekly basis.
Skills & Experience Required:
* Experience in a previous transactional finance role covering both accounts payable and receivable.
* Supervisory experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with non-finance and deliver first class customer service.
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Intermediate Excel skills.
What's On Offer:
* A competitive salary of c27k, with some further flexibility for the right candidate.
* Free on-site parking.
* Flexibility of occasional hybrid working (up to 1 day per week from home).
* 37.5 hours per week, with the potential of some flexi-time if required.
* Based on the south side of York, they are conveniently located close to the A64, hence will appeal to candidates from York, Tadcaster, Leeds, Castleford, Pontefract, Selby, Wetherby, Harrogate and much of North Yorkshire.
Interviews are to be conducted imminently, hence you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience. N.B. Lyons Recruitment have been retained on an exclusive basis, hence any direct or other agency applications with be disregarded