Senior Electrical Designer - Staff or Contract - Pembrokeshire
Location: West Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Renewable Energy and Nuclear sectors.
Role & Responsibilities
* Producing new / updating existing detailed electrical design documentation.
* Produce electrical panel drawings.
* Prepare bills of materials.
* PLC wiring diagrams.
* Safety circuit design and risk assessments
* Prepare and check electrical detailed design documentation.
* Work from P&IDs and site layouts.
* Prepare and check electrical drawings including single lines, general arrangements, cables routes, block diagrams, loops sheets, hook-ups.
* Prepare and check panel designs including general arrangements, wiring diagrams and schematics.
* Specify equipment and prepare and check electrical equipment datasheets.
* Prepare and check electrical schedules including, cable, load list, MTO etc.
* Perform electrical design calculations.
* Prepare and check scope of work and other associated design documentation.
* Working potentially on multiple projects at any given time.
* Managing change and identifying, formalising and notifying relevant parties of changes in the project.
* Contributing to site requests by providing technical analysis.
* Production of documentation to support construction.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Must be qualified to ONC / HNC as a minimum.
* Experience of Electrical engineering documentation.
* Must have proven experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochem, Renewable Energy sectors or similar.
* Our client is willing to consider either a contractor or a permanent member of staff for this role.
* If the successful candidate is a contractor the role will be inside IR35.
* For a staff employee there is a generous salary and package along with excellent career progression opportunities