Learning Support Assistant (12230) ENGAGE - ENRICH - EMPOWER STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLEMeadows School is seeking 3 enthusiastic and dynamic Learning Support Assistants to join our very capable team. You could be asked to work anywhere across the school from Key Stage 2 - 5 supporting teaching in the classroom.Key Requirements:
- A flexible approach combined with patience, tolerance, stamina and humour
- Experience of working with/willingness to work with young people with challenging behaviours
- Physical and mental resilience
- A willingness to undertake to undertake further training
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy
- Able to communicate well with students and adults
- Small class sizes
- Free fantastic school lunches and free on-site parking
- Excellent opportunities for relevant CPD
- Regular training provided
- Supportive staff team
- Pension scheme
- Barnardo's Benefits Portal
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recognition and reward
Meadows School is a successful non-maintained day and residential special school (for 7-19 year olds) on a main campus and off-site junior provision run by Barnardo's, providing education for pupils with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties; Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Speech and Language difficulties and associated learning difficulties.
It is imperative that you have the passion for making a difference to the education and lives of the young people within the school and in building positive and supportive relationships. You should be a team player, resilient and motivated by challenge and have the ability to think creatively. You will need to be willing to work to Barnardo's Basis and Values.
You may be required to work anywhere within Meadows School (across Key Stage 2-5, preferences will be considered).
For further information on Meadows School in the first instance please consult the school website at: https:// or contact Lorna Chislett (Senior LSA) on . Virtual discussions are encouraged.
Barnardo's Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Our safer recruitment processes mean that the safety and welfare of the child is paramount at every stage of the process and therefore we adopt rigorous scrutiny in our pre-employment checking. Applicants must be willing to undergo relevant pre-employment checks, including references being taken up prior to interview and for the successful candidate, an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, in line with the Keeping Children Safe in Education Statutory Guidance.
As part of your application, you will need to provide full details of your employment since leaving secondary education, starting with your current or most recent employment first and then by working backwards, including reasons for leaving. Please also include any periods of voluntary work and/or training, providing reasons for any periods not in employment, education or training.
Read further about our commitment to safeguarding and our pre-employment checks in our applicant information sheet below.
At Barnardo's we believe in children - no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.
Our basis and values
- Read about our commitment to safeguarding and our pre-employment checks.pdf (59.64 KB)
- Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy (Oct 2018).pdf (0.56 MB)
- Information Sheet for Applicants Applying for Positions Working with Children and Vulnerable Adults (updated July 2021).pdf (107.00 KB)
- Learning Support Assistant - JD - for Vacancies 2022.pdf (131.96 KB)