We are looking for IT Technician for our NHS client in Chester.
The primary function of this post will be to manage the daily workload of the 2nd/3rd line technical teams, working in various queues across the teams and provide technical support to end users for both hardware and software-based issues. An excellent knowledge of current Microsoft operating systems, both desktop and server, and Microsoft Office is essential. The post holder will also be expected to have a working knowledge of Active Directory, anti-virus and encryption solutions.
1. To troubleshoot up to an intermediate support level, all software/ hardware in use throughout the Trust including networking troubleshooting. This includes, but is not limited to, Nagios alerting, Iguana Interfaces, HL7 and SharePoint - this will include supporting current SharePoint documents and calendars as well as creating new lists and forms above and beyond general BAU support as and when required.
2. To undertake the management of the day to day team incident workload queues, allocating tickets using technical experience and excellent organisational skills along with own initiative to ensure the department is providing the highest level of customer service to the business.
3. To participate in projects relating to the ongoing development and service improvement of the core operational support infrastructure as well as assisting the senior members of the support teams in the capacity of additional resource in more general operational support projects.
4. To administer server operating system and user administration functions using common directory service systems. The creation, modification and deletion of user and computer accounts, changing of passwords and other basic and intermediate level systems administrative duties including Group Policy troubleshooting and modelling to an intermediate level
5. To troubleshoot basic / intermediate desktop network connectivity issues involving protocols such as TCP/IP as well as physical connectivity issues so server work required
6. To undertake the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of client operating systems of supported desktop / Server products.
7. To administer server operating system and user administration functions using common directory service systems. The creation, modification and deletion of user and computer accounts, changing of passwords and other basic and intermediate level systems administrative duties including Group Policy troubleshooting and modelling to an intermediate level.
8. To support the Technical Support Team Leader in delivering an exceptional level of customer service to our customer base - this will include covering for the Technical Support Team Leader for periods of absence.
* NVQ level 3 and have experience in a Analyst/ Developer role or equivalen
* IT qualification such as Advanced ECDL, ITIL or equivalent keyboard & PC Skills
* Recognised industry qualification such as MCP, MCSA or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Experience:
~ Experience working within IT support infrastructure environments.
~ Experience of using Service Desk Plus Manage Engine
~ Understanding of systems backup and operations processes
~ Experience of Training to non-IT literate staff within area of knowledge
~ Microsoft Office skills including internet/intranet
~ Working knowledge of principles governing confidentiality and security of personal data.
~ Experience of supporting IT systems and customers
~ Intermediate working knowledge of at least one major IT infrastructure directory service systems, e.g. Active Director
This is temporaray contract for 12 months, with £13/h.
If you inetersted plase apply