Lead Design Engineer
Nayr Recruitment are currently looking for a Lead Design Engineer based in Cumbria OR Warrington for a 12 months temp contract within the nuclear sector.
Digital/Non-Digital - Non
Duration: 12 months
Location: Cumbria or Warrington 1 day per week, rest from home
Pay Rate: £36.51 per hour PAYE / 48 Umbrella
* Engineering background with qualification
* Previous experience looked after portfolio of design work
* Confident to check others work
* Dealt with planning and resource management
* Team lead / management experience in the past.
* Security Clearance: BPSS
* The Plant Facing Design Office has a requirement for a Senior CE&I Engineer to provide a design service to various OUs across business and to be integrated within the multi-discipline Task Delivery Team. The role entails working as a Lead Engineer overseeing the delivery of a portfolio of work in support of the CE&I Responsible Engineer.
The scope will be (but not limited to);
* To provide professional design support to the Task Delivery Design Team; typically comprising of overseeing the preparation of design packages for the task delivery portfolio programme of minor project work, along with design and engineering input in multi-discipline tasks.
* The role requires leadership qualities, a self-starting approach and the ability to develop fit for purpose CE&I design solutions; providing engineer representation at client scoping meetings, commercial and design cells to enable effective coordination with other disciplines, Project engineers, construction and site wide stakeholders as required.
* The provision of CE&I design support to plant engineering, with activities and deliverables typically (but not necessarily limited to):
* Production of technical specifications, calculations, engineering orders, basis of design documents, residual risk registers, CDM files and NFR's; the processing of TQ's, concessions relating to CE&I design schemes across the task delivery portfolio.
* Production of design schemes and full solutions with all necessary CE&I drawings, quality documentation, designer risk assessments, OIMSs, specifications, etc. in accordance with the applicable company and national practices, procedures and standards, as well as all applicable statutory regulations.
* There is a requirement to work in accordance with the PFDO Work Governance Process - the necessary familiarisation briefing and IT access will be provided to candidates who are not familiar with this process.
* Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, professionally registered with a relevant professional body (IET, IMC) or actively working towards IEng or CEng
* Degree in relevant Engineering discipline with minimum of 5 years experience within CE&I design; or equivalent professional qualification.
* Competent and proven CE&I Engineer, capable of producing CE&I design calculations, scheme & detail designs who is familiar with the roles and application of the CDM regulations 2015.
* Ability to satisfy SQEP requirements for CE&I Designer as identified in SR0754 issue 2.
* Evidence of effectively working with the supply chain in delivering engineering design.
* Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to apply 'Fit for Purpose Mind-set' and 'Engineering Judgement' where appropriate.
* Leadership / management skills to include management sub-contractors and designers.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in undertaking site surveys
* Experience of SL management systems (SLMS) and CE&I standards.
* Evidence of having a good knowledge of Sellafield Plants and Operations
* Working knowledge of the SL design process for all stages of design (concept, preliminary, detailed through to manufacture and construction).
* Evidence of being competent in the use of CIMAGE, and AutoCAD.
* Monitored worker preferred.
* Experience of producing CE&I installation design packages including OIMSs, CDM Risk
* Assessments and installation drawings: BCDs, schematics, hook-ups and layouts / GAs.
If you have the skills and experience for the role please apply with your CV