Administer the purchase and/or sales ledger in an efficient and effective way to ensure that all purchases and sales authorised, recorded and paid and that relationships with customers and suppliers are maintained. Perform a range of other financial accounting and administrative functions and processes to ensure that the accounting records are complete and accurate. Some of the things you'll do:
What we're looking for:
- Provide a full range of administration services and support duties which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the Finance Department, e.g. collecting/processing mail, producing routine outputs including template letters and documents for wider team, ordering stationary etc.
- Carry out activities using the financial accounting package, including the following:Using Financial accounting package
- Process purchase orders & invoices
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Deal with a large number of invoice and purchase order issues and queries
- Prepare and execute weekly one off and monthly payment runs
- Collate a monthly list of invoices for which there are no purchase orders
- Generate sales invoices
- Review daily cash sheets for accuracy and reasonableness and process daily cash takings
- Perform a credit control function and deal with customer queries
- Recommend to your manager cost-effective opportunities to minimise the impact of your team's operations on the environment.
- You'll have a good level of education at Higher grade or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Proficient in using a computerised accounting package and competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
- You'll have accurate numerical reasoning skills and attention to detail.
- Practical experience of working within a busy Finance team.Providing first class customer care and service, including dealing with customer queries
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.