Nursery Room Leader
Full time permanent position - Monday to Friday 8 hours oer day
Are you an Early Years Practitioner looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for an exciting new opportunity working in a Nursery in Sheffield S20
· To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
· To keep records of your key children's development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child's life.
· Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
· To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
· To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
· To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
· To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre,etc
· To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
· To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting's philosophy is fulfilled.
· To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
· To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
· To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
· To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
· To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
· To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
· To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc
To be eligible for this role you must:
Hold proof of right to work in the UK
Hold an enhanced DBS registered on the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
Provide 2 references to cover the last 24 months minimum
If you are an Early Years Practitioner apply today or for more information on this and other teaching opportunities across The Supply Register contact Janet via email (url removed) or call the resourcing team on (phone number removed). Visit our website for more vacancies and opportunities across
The Supply Register