Design Engineer - Panel Design - Contract
We are working with a Power Supply company who are looking for support on a Mechanical and Electrical Panel Design programme.
The company have a range of projects that are due to be signed-off by 2023 and additional CAD resource is required for a period of 6 months.
* £33 - £40 Per Hour
* Part Remote Working (2 Days in the Office)
* 6 Months Contacts
* 40 Hour Week
Design Engineer - Duties
* Generate mechanical and panel layout designs to information detailed in the customer and companies specified requirements.
* Undertake design activities within the companies laid down design, document issue and control procedures.
* Produce layout designs on the companies 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks CAD systems.
* Ensure that full production support documentation is created and issued to the relevant departments.
* Undertake work on contracts as directed by the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer.
* Endeavour to meet the timelines laid down on the engineering schedule for completion and issue of in formation.
* Provide support to other sections and departments of the company as required.
* Liaise with the project lead electrical design engineer to ensure a fit for purpose design is created.
* In dealings with outside personnel, present the company professionally to enhance the reputation and standing of the company in the local community and within the industry.
Design Engineer - Requirements
* HND or higher with strong experience in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design Engineering.
* Experience using AutoCAD software package is required as a minimum and 3D Solidworks is a desirable.
* Microsoft Office including Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint & basic understanding of Microsoft.
* Experience using MRPII systems to create BOM's and create Technical Specifications is required.
* Understanding of sheet metal design
* Control panels
* Metal Enclosures
* Electrical Components
Commutable from York, Leeds, Hull, Beverley, Middlesbrough, Darlington
Probe Technical Recruitment, providing Design, R&D & Projects Engineering Recruitment Support since 1994